dynojet vs. james dean

When I bought my bike the previous owner had done 3x3 and jetted with a dynojet kit.I got the kit with the bike,looks like the needle and spring from the kit are in the carb(not sure what jet he used)but the bike runs perfectly.My MRD was shipped yesterday and was wondering if I should spend the money on the JD kit to jet it or just use the dynojet I have.Is the JD any different/better?

At this point I'd use what I had and get what jets I needed. A couple of bucks for jets or 75 or 80 for a kit.The big advantage to the JD kit is that it is more complete with all the jets you need and the bowl screws and such.

the JD kit comes with the allen key bowl screws?Im going to search right now to see what jet I need with stadard MRD,3x3 and k&n,If I have it I wont buy th JD,unless anyone can convince me its that much better.

no need to change kits.

I was just going through the dynojet kit,seems to only have 128,130,132,134,and 136,like i said not sure what is used for just the 3x3,from the 10min of reasearch I did,It looks like I need bigger jets?It is the standard MRD,not the ssw with just the 3x3 and a K&N.

On my bike, I have a full ehaust, 3x3, and a DJ jet kit. I am running a 160 main and I am at sea level. You will want to run either a 155 or a 160 if you have a SM model. If you have the S model, it's different. Not sure what yet you will need but I know Eddie will know.

so it looks like I need the jet kit anyway,there are no pilot jets in the DJ kit included with my bike and I only have the smaller jets for some reason.Its a 2001 S model,Stadard MRD,3x3.Anyone have an idea of what I Setup I need needle/jet wise?Guess Im going on the TT store to buy the JD.Is it true the JD kit includes bowl screws?and if so,are they the allen key oes?

so it looks like I need the jet kit anyway,there are no pilot jets in the DJ kit included with my bike and I only have the smaller jets for some reason.Its a 2001 S model,Stadard MRD,3x3.Anyone have an idea of what I Setup I need needle/jet wise?Guess Im going on the TT store to buy the JD.Is it true the JD kit includes bowl screws?and if so,are they the allen key oes?

If you already have the DJ kit installed, you don't need to buy a whole brand new jet kit. All you need to buy is a different main and a different pilot jet. My guess is maybe a #25 pilot? Not sure about the main but I know someone can answer it for you on here.

The JD kit is nice, but if you already have the DJ, there is no need to spend the extra money. Eddie himself even said it.

more than likely, your running the stock main 142.5 and stock pilot 22.5

w/ a dj needle , clip 4.

standard Eddie settings for a 3x3 mod on pre-05 S models. stage 1 kit

might have to bump up to a 145 main, maybe not.

use the keintech FMS ( for the mikuni) and you won't have to change pilot.

pick up screws form a hardware store,

4mm.... 3 10mm long, 1 12mm, .7 pitch.