best cam for me

have A 2007 DRZ400s

air box mod

fmf slip on pipe and its coming alive

next i am putting the base gasket in from the 400E witch is supost to up my copression and my understanding is that the E intake cam is better the the S version question am i on the right track and do i usec factory suzki E intake cam or stage 1 hot Cam any ideas

thanks for he;p

Depends what you are going for.

The e-cams are more agressive than the s/sm cams.

Hotcams are a bit more agressive then the e cams.

If you're not going to upgrade the carb and exhausts ,e-cams will be fine , but I don't think it's worth it without proper fuelling

Not really worth the work of changing the base gasket unless fitting a Big bore kit or pulling motor apart for some other work. Get some 'E' cams or hot cams and 'E' header pipe or full exhaust. The slip on is not doing anything for power increase.

I'm running the E cams intake and exhaust with FCR and full MRD pipe. I think it's a great upgrade for the cost...quick install (hour or so) and you can get a set for about $100 used. 99% chance it probably won't require reshimming/adjustment if it's already in adjustment with the stock cams. Worthwhile in my opinion...if you ride mostly dirt and want low end, just install the intake only.

Not really worth the work of changing the base gasket unless fitting a Big bore kit or pulling motor apart for some other work. Get some 'E' cams or hot cams and 'E' header pipe or full exhaust. The slip on is not doing anything for power increase.
+2 on that