Light weight battery???

I saw a post maybe last week (for some reason, I can't find it). Someone found a company who makes these very light weight batteries that are basically just made out of a blue plastic wrap. They sell for about $120 or so I believe.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I thought it'd be nice to loose some weight that's so high up on the bike.

Thanks,

Steve

Here you go: LINK

I started the thread referred to in the link above and I am still undecided as to their suitability. I was hoping more people with experience using those batteries in a DRZ would chime in with how they were working, lifetime, and etc but I didn't really get a lot of feedback. If you get one let us know what you think of it on your DRZ.

It doesn't sound like many have tried it. Perhaps you can try the general forum. Perhaps they have been used by someone on a different bike.

It doesn't sound like many have tried it. Perhaps you can try the general forum. Perhaps they have been used by someone on a different bike.

I have looked there and corresponded with a couple people that are using them. Their bikes are typically more trail oriented bikes like KTM, WR's and such and most have a kick starter if the battery goes flat during a starting attempt while out in the boonies. I don't think many have tried it on the e start only DRZ. I may have to be the guinea pig and buy one so I can form my own opion and give feed back. When it comes to spending $130 for a battery though I'd rather be the follower than the trailblazer.

It was the best I had to offer.

Someones gotta go first. We're all watching.

I went with the heavyweight battery from Sisneros Speed Works. I dont ever plan to be left high and dry by a battery.

It was the best I had to offer.

Someones gotta go first. We're all watching.

and I appreciate your suggestion. I have been looking around trying to find more info but I have to admit the more I read the more confused I get.

I just sent them an e-mail. I may order one tonight.

Steve

After several e-mails back and forth, I finally ordered a 5Ah battery. I would have gone with the 2.5Ah, but since I don't have a kick starter, I have the piece of mind knowing that I'm not going to have any problems.

Anyway, I should have it early next week. I'll report back here.

Steve

I'm looking forward to hearing your comments.