Making DRZ 400 kick street legal

Want to know if there is a kit or something to make my DRZ 400 kick street legal ? Any help would be great.

First need to find out what the DMV requires in your state.

Lights horn signals tail and brake light head light mirrors

Thanks, do I need a battery to run all of this or will the stater do it?

Here in Missouri if the MSO title states "For Offroad Use Only " Its pretty hard to get a title and registration, I would't say impossible though.

Utah was easy untill last year when gas went up and everybody dug though the shed to get there treasures. Now Utah says you need every thing.

Welcome to mass :p

Battery

You don't need a battery, presuming your state does not require the lights to be able operate for a period with bike not running (which most don't).

I recently did a home-brew project on my '02 DR-Z400 kicker, and in addition to blinkers front & rear, illuminated speedo, and a new brake/tail light, I installed a 55 watt H3 bulb in the stock housing. Works absolutely great. No flicker at all at low idle. Plenty of power generated by the 150w kicker generator. But, of course, when the engine shuts off, so do all lights. Which is no problem for me (or Alabama).

Procycle.us seems to have the least expensive kits, if you are not thinking about doing it yourself. If you have any interest in taking a look at the wiring diagram I drew up to make my kicker street legal, pm me with an e-mail address & I'll be glad to send a .pdf along!

Very best of luck to you. The kicker makes an outstanding DS platform!

check with Wheeling Cycle Supply, he has a pretty reasonable wiring harness and LED sigs etc. He converts E models all the time. Search the site here too a lot of guys have posted their plan for converting.

You don't need a battery, presuming your state does not require the lights to be able operate for a period with bike not running (which most don't).

I recently did a home-brew project on my '02 DR-Z400 kicker, and in addition to blinkers front & rear, illuminated speedo, and a new brake/tail light, I installed a 55 watt H3 bulb in the stock housing. Works absolutely great. No flicker at all at low idle. Plenty of power generated by the 150w kicker generator. But, of course, when the engine shuts off, so do all lights. Which is no problem for me (or Alabama).

Procycle.us seems to have the least expensive kits, if you are not thinking about doing it yourself. If you have any interest in taking a look at the wiring diagram I drew up to make my kicker street legal, pm me with an e-mail address & I'll be glad to send a .pdf along!

Very best of luck to you. The kicker makes an outstanding DS platform!

just make sure you don't need to stop your bike at night. If your engine goes and you get stranded on the road or road side no one will see you

I picked up a Baja Designs kit and a DRZ-SM frame on eBay.

New Hampshire just required me to put on the lights, headlight and tail/brake light and have a horn, air horn would be fine. I went with the Baja designs light kit complete with turn signals. I have an E model so I could have stayed with the stock lights. I just wanted to give the car drivers all the lights I could. Mine had an "off road only title" but I asked the DMV and they told me it just had to be inspected and I needed to bring a letter from the dealer saying it was road ready. You gotta love the "Live Free or Die" state.