I guess my bike is jetted, what needle is this???

I've got a 2000E. I bought a JD kit, pulled the carb and found it had a 165 main. I wish I looked to see what the pilot was, but I didn't. I left the needle alone and have been riding it for some time now on the street (sm tires). The thing runs great, but I have a bog or hesitation that everyone talks about. It's less noticeable the higher the revs.

So, just today I pulled the needle and found one that doesn't look stock. It has no colors on the top (like JD) and has a clip on the 5th position. In very small print, near the slots for the clip, it says "OBDXP.

I installed the blue JD needle on the 4th position and went for a ride. I swear it pulls every harder now, but still has the hesitation.

I still need to get a fuel screw. Right now I've got it about 2 turns out. Or maybe it was 1.5. I can't remember, whatever is recommended is what I did.

IMG_2392.jpg

Steve

who knows what does it say on it

cant read it

I've got a 2000E. I bought a JD kit, pulled the carb and found it had a 165 main. I wish I looked to see what the pilot was, but I didn't. I left the needle alone and have been riding it for some time now on the street (sm tires). The thing runs great, but I have a bog or hesitation that everyone talks about. It's less noticeable the higher the revs.

So, just today I pulled the needle and found one that doesn't look stock. It has no colors on the top (like JD) and has a clip on the 5th position. In very small print, near the slots for the clip, it says "OBDXP.

I installed the blue JD needle on the 4th position and went for a ride. I swear it pulls every harder now, but still has the hesitation.

I still need to get a fuel screw. Right now I've got it about 2 turns out. Or maybe it was 1.5. I can't remember, whatever is recommended is what I did.

IMG_2392.jpg

Steve

Think it's the original fcr needle , I've got one in front of me , but my carb came off a KTM...

In very small print, near the slots for the clip, it says "OBDXP.

That's the stock needle.

Search "Taffy Mod" to rectify the bog.

Tipsy

DXP = Stock E needle. The bog hesitation is maybe AP related. Check the squirt duration should be 1-1,5s. Can be fixed with Taffy or crf mod.

dxp is the stock needle.

I'm pretty sure the OBDXP needle is a stock needle for FCR carbs

Thanks guys, I wasn't expecting a stock needle to have adjustable clips.

Anyway, I'm going to get a dyno this afternoon with a/f. I've got a 165 main in there now. I'm curious to see exactly what a/f I'm at.

I'll look into your suggestions.

Steve