Pine Ridge questions?

Used to ride this event back in the 80's when it rotated between Crawford and Chadron but with age comes memory loss. I'm on the fence about maybe trying to ride it but had some questions and thought might get more response here than the RMEC website. Have yz 250 with stock MX tank (don't have larger tank and can't get one before next weekend) so is there an emergency gas and if not how far between gas stops? Says to be waterproofed - how much H2O and how deep? The street legal thing - how much will they let you get away with not having - remember I have an MXer? I know there's some regular TTer's on here that have ridden the event so any input would be great. You out there endurodog?

its hard to say about and e gas untill the route sheet is out (Saturday before). I f there is egas there will most likely not be any time allotted for it. I am on a yz 125 and plan on carrying a little gas with me. figure close to 40 miles between gas stopps

Ray

If my memory serves me, they typically have e-gas more often than 40 miles - I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I would think more like 30 ground/trail miles. Also, it's a pretty tight course, so you probably won't be running too hard.

You don't have to be street legal but you have to have a spark arrester, and pass a sound test that's not too strict (96db?).

The water issue is mostly a function of the weather preceding the event. It's usually not too bad (well below the tank), but there have been years....

If you were to use a filterskin on the airfilter, cross your fingers for the weather, and take it easy through the crossings, in most years, you'd be fine.

You won't be the only guy out there on an MX bike facing similar issues.

Thanks guys for all the input. I know there are several contact numbers on the flyer so I might call tomorrow and get the skinny on everything. I have the spark arrestor just no head or tail light or resemblence of a plate.

Thanks guys for all the input. I know there are several contact numbers on the flyer so I might call tomorrow and get the skinny on everything. I have the spark arrestor just no head or tail light or resemblence of a plate.

Brian I have always run my MX bikes up there with no problem (i.e. the headlight tail light issue). I did run out of gas one year with my MX tank but I had jetted way to rich, it was a 40 mile stretch. Glad to hear you got a 2 stroke again they are a blast in the woods!!!?

Hey Rex, sold my kx 450 and picked up an 01 yz 250 for Tyler as he outgrew his kx 100 and then had intentions of getting me a 250 smoker. Money is tight so decided I would just ride his. I liked it till I got to ride a guys 06 at berthoud a few weeks ago. Man what a nice ride. Thinking that might be my next bike maybe this fall. But until then got the itch to do some enduro especially a timekeeper. Found my 15+ year old moose pacemaker computer that I only used like 2 or 3 times back in early 90's. Now I just need to find someone to work for me next weekend so I can go to Crawford.

Brian I have always run my MX bikes up there with no problem (i.e. the headlight tail light issue). I did run out of gas one year with my MX tank but I had jetted way to rich, it was a 40 mile stretch. Glad to hear you got a 2 stroke again they are a blast in the woods!!!?

OMG why would you admit that anywhere i could see that! you know that i am just going to use it against you!!!? often

Will Pine Ridge have a separate C route like Caprock, or does everyone race the same course?

If different, how hard is the A/B loop compared to the A/B @ Caprock?

I'm not competitive anyway, but I like to get the most miles in-- provided I can finish.

thanks

-z

Hey Ray...

Any news on the Pineridge scouting trip.

I heard the the organizers were going to ride the course and see how ridable it is after the snow.

the word is reroute and still a timekeeper:banana: and rex will run outta gas:moon:

I sure don't want a repeat of the last snow race up there, what a mess.

Yeah row one was a real treat that day. Nothing like riding completely blind over god only knows what. And missing a section just like 50-60 other people and getting told, well tough luck, that all combined to make a great day. Just one more reason that timekeepers suck. Oh well it is what it is.

Rex, what the heck did you do to your leg. You planning a little SRAC motocross at Thunder Valley this weekend. Sure hope Crawford is not a repeat of a few years ago, that was one muddy, snowy slick mess. I hear they have a lot of snow up there, so much that they couldn't get out to check out the course last weekend. Guess I'll plan on carrying extra brake pads and hopefully I won't need new chain and sprockets after the race.

Rex, what the heck did you do to your leg. You planning a little SRAC motocross at Thunder Valley this weekend. Sure hope Crawford is not a repeat of a few years ago, that was one muddy, snowy slick mess. I hear they have a lot of snow up there, so much that they couldn't get out to check out the course last weekend. Guess I'll plan on carrying extra brake pads and hopefully I won't need new chain and sprockets after the race.

Went out to Watkins last Tuesday and after a few laps I forgot how powerful those Yamaha brakes were and squeezzzeeeddd the front just a tid to much locking the tire and launching me. I took a handlebar to the left thigh and missed all last week of work. It's still tender as hell and looks like a rotten banana. I have not ridden except that short time before my crash since Texas and the weather is looking iffy for this weekend if my leg was in up for it anyway, so I'm debating on going to Neb or not.