"burping" the rad!!!

Can someone tell me the correct method for 'burping' the coolant system, and also for testing the thermo-sensor. My high temp. light started coming on at the end of last summer and the fan wouldn't kick in (I've tested the fan and it works). Winters over an' need to go riding!!!!

The left Radiator has the sensor for the temp light. On top of the radiator is a small screw. Carefully loosen it (no need to remove, just loosen a few turns), top off the radiator till coolant comes out the threads, retighten. You may want to put a few ounces of coolant in the overflow bottle, never have to purge the air again.

On top of the radiator is a small screw. Carefully loosen it (no need to remove, just loosen a few turns), top off the radiator till coolant comes out the threads, retighten.

Why not use the other screw on the outlet from the engine also?.

coolantreplace.jpg

You may want to put a few ounces of coolant in the overflow bottle, never have to purge the air again.

how is this done? I thought I could simply add some extra coolant into the radiator and it would flow down but only a little went down then it stopped accepting more (only maybe one ounce is in the overflow bottle) maybe I should check the overflow tube out of the bottle for kinks?

The purge screw on the water elbow really does little. It is the one on the left radiator that does purge about an ounce or so of air.

I was anticipating this question regarding adding coolant to the overflow bottle. Suzuki certainly did not wan to make it easy. I disconnect the hose from the radiuator filler neck, then apply a light vacuum to the black vent line from the bottle and slowly put add some coolant to the bottle.