Bartow Question

I haven't rode at Bartow MX in about 3 or 4 months. The last time I was out there the jumps were so rounded it was like riding over hills. Granted I'm a C rider and got no fancy seat bounce tricks but I was a little disappointed.

I was thinking about going back this week and wanted to know what everyone thought about the track or if there were any changes. It is either them or Pax again...

I'm not a motocrosser but I went by there two weeks ago and have spoken to others who have knowledge about it even more recently-it has undergone lots of improvements and also has a new snack bar. I'd recommend you go and give us a report when you get back.

It was pretty rounded a few weeks back but in the past few weeks he has seemed to add some good kick to most the jumps.

Its decent.

Now lets talk about landings... some of the larger jumps have very poor landing. Please give us some longer landings that are more forgiving incase something goes wrong.

There is a FTR motocross there this weekend. Practice Saturday and races Sunday.

Bartow has been changing their track on a weekly basis now for the races. practice is always the same their full track, but for the race you never know what they are going to do. the jumps have even got a LITTLE bit of a peak to them now...

I was there Thursday 4/16, it was almost perfect compared to 3 weeks ago! The jump faces are good and they fixed a couple of the bad landings. It is now my favorite track.......... until this Sunday, going to Hardrock for the first time in 10 months. Hope it is in good shape!:p

I was there Thursday 4/16, it was almost perfect compared to 3 weeks ago! The jump faces are good and they fixed a couple of the bad landings. It is now my favorite track.......... until this Sunday, going to Hardrock for the first time in 10 months. Hope it is in good shape!:p

Thanks! I haven't been to Hardrock in over a year too, how about a ride report?

Thanks! I haven't been to Hardrock in over a year too, how about a ride report?

Not much to report. We all had a great ride.The tracks were as usual, un-groomed. Not that it matters much, except for the vintage sand track, it's almost imposable to groom concrete:lol:

They have added a FMX practice area, their was a dude on a Suzuki 4-stroke doing back-flips.

They changed it again! Bartow MX, that is. When there on Sunday 4/26 and the added another out n back (North/South line). They also changed the rhythm section, it's harder to get through it now.

Is the new track at bartow open to ride now?Whats it like?I saw they were building something when I was there 4/23.

Is the new track at bartow open to ride now?Whats it like?I saw they were building something when I was there 4/23.

Are you talking about Bartow MX on 60? Or is there another track in Bartow?

what did they do to the rhythm section? last time i was there was for the FTR race and the only change was they made all the jumps through the rhythm section the same size....before it was big small big small etc...

:banghead:

what did they do to the rhythm section? last time i was there was for the FTR race and the only change was they made all the jumps through the rhythm section the same size....before it was big small big small etc...

I don't know when the FTR race was. But I was there on Thursday April 16th and the rhythm section was easy for me to get through. This past Sunday they were deeper and further apart, I just could not get it done. I hit it 6 times on my 450 and would be fine till the third hit, then I would case it, and loose all my drive and have to roll it from their on..........:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Are you talking about Bartow MX on 60? Or is there another track in Bartow?

IM talking about Bartow MX on 60.They were adding something to the track when I was there but couldnt tell what.