Sold my 06 YZ250F!! Buying a 08 YZ250!!

I also posted this on the yz/wr 250f section. I got $3000 for it and need another $2500 to buy a new 08 YZ250 in the summer!! :p I think I need a second job or something on the side to make more $$!!

GOOD GAS FOR YOU! Good to see you're changing to the light side haha. I'm defiantly going YZ 125 or 250 next time around. (if they still make them)

GOOD GAS FOR YOU! Good to see you're changing to the light side haha. I'm defiantly going YZ 125 or 250 next time around. (if they still make them)

Definetly agree. I could buy a 4 stroke anyday. I might as well get what is left of the YZ250s while they are still around and keep it for as long as I live!! I was worried that if I blew it up then I would be too broke to fix it, (even though it was in pristine condition) and the slow revving of the 4 stroke just got plain boring too!! I can't wait to get my new yz250!! Less parts, cheaper, less maintanece, quicker, and more fun, they just sound better and faster, 4 strokes sound like a big old guy cutting a huge deep fart.

Put some zip back into your step. :p

Seriously though, you could always buy a used '06, '07, or '08 YZ250 and do well with that too.

Put some zip back into your step. :lol:

Seriously though, you could always buy a used '06, '07, or '08 YZ250 and do well with that too.

I know I could buy used, I just feel safer buying new. :p Even if someone took good care of there bike, there still is usually things they did to it that I want to change to make my own. Plus, you never know for sure what they did to their bike, even if it looks to be in good condition. At least I know what I do to my bikes and I am very strict about keeping them top notch.

Used is a good option. I just picked up a used 06yz250, have all new plastics, top end, chain, sprockets, and fully revalved/resprung suspension.

I'm still well under $3300 and in my mind the bike is just as good as new.

Pics to follow once I can get it cleaned up, and actually get to RIDE it!

Used is a good option. I just picked up a used 06yz250, have all new plastics, top end, chain, sprockets, and fully revalved/resprung suspension.

I'm still well under $3300 and in my mind the bike is just as good as new.

Pics to follow once I can get it cleaned up, and actually get to RIDE it!

I would love to see some pics of your 06! :p

Thats what I keep telling my parents, " I could get a 4-Stroke any day", "But 2-Strokes, they are going to be gone soon", I want to sell my 450 and get a 2-stroke, 2003 KTM 250SX to be exact

I agree, you should be able to tell how well a used bike is maintained just by looking at it. Could save you some real $$$

Thats what I keep telling my parents, " I could get a 4-Stroke any day", "But 2-Strokes, they are going to be gone soon", I want to sell my 450 and get a 2-stroke, 2003 KTM 250SX to be exact

First priority is to get a 2 smoke. Then just maybe later on down the road when I make more cash to afford the expensive up keep of a 4 stroke I will buy one, but not for a long time..... :p

BTW thanks for the good gas!!

First priority is to get a 2 smoke. Then just maybe later on down the road when I make more cash to afford the expensive up keep of a 4 stroke I will buy one, but not for a long time..... :lol:

Exactly :p

Exactly :p

Haha, most of my friends think 4 strokes are the way to go. :lol: They think just because everyone rides them that they are the future and that all the pros ride them because they are faster. :lol: They don't realize that the 4 strokes are slower, a lot slower. A 2 stroke of equal size kills the 4 stroke of equal size. They don't realize it is all rider and money to the manufactures who make them. Kinda makes me want to roost them so much that they will believe me. Just wait until I get my new yz250. :cry:

I would be much more willing to try the used market with a 2t. The way bikes are built now, they can all look new with a plastic kit and some steel wool on the frame. The 2t would be workable even in a worst case senario.

I would be much more willing to try the used market with a 2t. The way bikes are built now, they can all look new with a plastic kit and some steel wool on the frame. The 2t would be workable even in a worst case senario.

I'll keep my eyes open. I have been looking at craigslist lately, I'm looking to get an 06 or newer.