one bad thing about the xr250r

today I had a person who was going to buy my xr250r from me, just as he was going to hand me the cash I looked at it in the headlight and just couldnt.

Mine has been a piece of shit, uphill battle to keep running, but thats what makes it special, countless hours trying to figure out what was broken late at night trying to piece it back together in time for the next ride.

I just couldnt bring myself to do it, so now it sits, in the shed with my race bike, i guess Ill just make her my trail bike but one things for certain, this bike will live out the remainder of its day with me, I just cant bring myself to tell her good bye

:p thats so beautiful:cry:

:lol: good to hear your sticking to your old trusty steed

I haven't ridden mine for 3 years. The closest it has seen to action was stealing a front tube out of it for my yz the night before a race.

Even if I never get to enjoy riding it again, I will never get rid of it.

So young yet so wise!

Its strange you had problems with it.

I had a gearbox failure thats all of 15 years riding an XR250

Its always good to have a spare bike to ride & share.

Mine has been a piece of shit, uphill battle to keep running, but thats what makes it special, countless hours trying to figure out what was broken late at night trying to piece it back together in time for the next ride.

I dunno, that would be the exact opposite of why I own Honda XL/ XRs.

I change oil and ride it. Whenever they have given up on me I usually find out it was my fault. :p

If I wanted a bike that was an uphill battle every time I wanted to ride it I would have got something else.

It nearly broke my heart when I sold my first XR, but I had gotten way too big for it so I accepted that. Then I had an '87 200 that I beat the crap out of. Better off now with a taller & newer bike but sentimental feelings kept nagging at me. I've tried 3 times to buy the 200 back & the dude simply won't let her go. The 250 I picked up last summer is my XR for life now. I'll never sell it... unless for some reason I could no longer ride. PERIOD. I'm taking care of this one! (Maybe I'll add a 400 to the stable at some point.)

I swear, these XRs remind me of dogs. Each has it's own personality, wags it's tail when it sees you & will do everything within it's power to please you. Each one I've owned felt like family. It's a weird thing getting so attached to a machine. Isn't it?

xr80censored.th.jpg tc4sf2.th.jpg ed41109.th.jpg

PS. Apparantly, I was pretty excited on my 80.

i had to sell my first bike, a 1981 XL100s, i miss it dearly, i saved up for most of a year to buy it and gear and a lot of parts, fully rebuilt it, had a blast learning to ride on it and rode it all summer. but i had to sell it cuz it was way to small and i really wanted an XR250. now i'm just finishing a completerebuild on a 97 XR250 i bought and i can't wait to ride it. but man do i wish i could have kept that trusty little 100 around....i'm going to try and buy it back some day.

It nearly broke my heart when I sold my first XR, but I had gotten way too big for it so I accepted that. Then I had an '87 200 that I beat the crap out of. Better off now with a taller & newer bike but sentimental feelings kept nagging at me. I've tried 3 times to buy the 200 back & the dude simply won't let her go. The 250 I picked up last summer is my XR for life now. I'll never sell it... unless for some reason I could no longer ride. PERIOD. I'm taking care of this one! (Maybe I'll add a 400 to the stable at some point.)

I swear, these XRs remind me of dogs. Each has it's own personality, wags it's tail when it sees you & will do everything within it's power to please you. Each one I've owned felt like family. It's a weird thing getting so attached to a machine. Isn't it?

xr80censored.th.jpg tc4sf2.th.jpg ed41109.th.jpg

PS. Apparantly, I was pretty excited on my 80.

thats an awesome picture took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about :p