00-01 cr 250 to 98 cr 250 fuel tank questions

i was wondering if a 2000 or 2001 cr 250 gas tank will fit on a 98 cr 250?

my friend has the shrouds and tank for sale for a good price for me.

any help will be appreciated

thanks

i am wanting a black tank instead of a white one.. the white one stands out on my bike because its black.

also im wanting to put newer plastics on the bike.. 02+ will they work on a 00-01 fuel tank?

The 02 plastic won't line up on the 01 tank, one hole is out of wack.

crap.. i just bought the tank for 10 dollars lol

we'll see how it goes..

and is there any difference between say an 03 CR 250 rad. shrouds and 03 CRF 450 shrouds? cause i also have a chance to pick those up.

crap.. i just bought the tank for 10 dollars lol

we'll see how it goes..

and is there any difference between say an 03 CR 250 rad. shrouds and 03 CRF 450 shrouds? cause i also have a chance to pick those up.

Ebay it. You will sell it for a lot more than $10 and whoever buys it will be happy they didn't pay the $260 for a new one.

dont wasnt the time on trying to make it work you can get a carbon fiber wrap for your 98 tank

00-01 gas tanks do not fit 97-99 cr250s... nor do the plastics from a 97-99 fit the 00-01 tank.. also 02+ rad. shrouds do not fit.

i learned the hard way like usual lol so this is just fyi

where can i get carbon fiber tank covers for the 98 250? i googled it and cant find any for that year

lightspeed is the only people i see with the carbon fiber covers and its not for our year! w tf mate

yea it sucks they dont have our year.. and that carbon wrap might work out.. i never thought of that.

i asked around, and the vinyle stuff def wont stick for long. and by the time you put real carbon on your tank you could have just bought a new tank

ill show you what the white tank looks like with 07 plastics i should have my bike back together no later than thursday you really dont notice it to much

But....02-07 rads fit on the '97-'99 tank, with the exception of the hole closer to the seat, which needs a bracket about an inch long...i would do that instead

Bike is finally back together rear shock rebuilt heres what the tank looks like

j005.jpg

j006-1.jpg

j011.jpg

wow that looks good.. good job on that.

also does anyone want to trade a 97-99 ims 3.1 (or so) gallon tank for a stock one? i will trade straight up as long as yours is nice and you pay shipping.

which i think thats more than fair considering the tank is about $250 or more.

I'm interested in trading tanks with you. Let me know, I'm in California.

Scott

aka Millerman

I traded tanks guys.. thanks millerman!