SS Front Brakeline and 320mm on Sm ?'s

Can you feel the difference between the OEM brakeline and the SS brakeline when street riding? Since the SM already has 310mm rotor whats the big difference for the extra 10mm? Any significant? I'm not racing this bike ever...just racing my self on back roads thats about it. Wheelingcycle has a Braking 310mm, and then the 320mm I'm guessing the 320mm is for racing aps.? or should I dish out the extra bucks and get the 320mm?

Can you feel the difference between the OEM brakeline and the SS brakeline when street riding? Since the SM already has 310mm rotor whats the big difference for the extra 10mm? Any significant? I'm not racing this bike ever...just racing my self on back roads thats about it. Wheelingcycle has a Braking 310mm, and then the 320mm I'm guessing the 320mm is for racing aps.? or should I dish out the extra bucks and get the 320mm?

Actually, you can get the 320mm rotor with bracket for less than the 310mm rotor that Wheeling sells. You can get the EBC kit for $180, and there is another that is like $190, just posted a link to it on a recent thread.

You can feel a HUGE difference. Make sure that you use GOOD brake fluid like Motul. Do not use the Bel Ray garbage. A Zeta adjustable lever makes a very nice difference as well.

Will that fit an S model as well? I mean do they have a similar kit for the S?

Yep, they sure do. I always get my SS lines custom made by Earls lines. I don't like Russells. You can get the brake kits for any model DRZ.

The SS brake lines should be the first install. It goes from mushy to hard as a rock.

The SS brake lines should be the first install. It goes from mushy to hard as a rock.

As long as you use good fluid like I mentioned earlier. The cheap stuff burns up SUPER fast and makes the lever mushy.

the big thing is that you wont have as much brake fading if you do ride it hard, less chane your lines will burst, and +1 on them zetas, i got the pivot levers and they feel so much better.

Yup, there are a couple companies that sell them. EBC sells an oversized 320mm front brake kit for the S. The part number for it is SM6017LD, you can check it out in my garage. DSU is another manufacture that sells them, Dirtwiz has it on his bike.

Call me anal but I want a matching Front rotor and rear rotor...and I actually have a chance to buy an DRZS SS line which I posted the question is there a big difference and I forget who responded but them said they put one on their SM and all it was, was a little thinner and a tad longer wich is fine with me cus then I can run my Vapor speedo cable and SS brakeline in the brakeline clamp on the fork guard (hopefully!?) The brand is Streamline? any good, I even saw MSR makes one I'm just not into spending $80 for a brakeline when I can buy a set for my car for $120. Are the SM and S rear brakelines the same length and same size whole where the banjo bolt goes thru?

Call me anal but I want a matching Front rotor and rear rotor...and I actually have a chance to buy an DRZS SS line which I posted the question is there a big difference and I forget who responded but them said they put one on their SM and all it was, was a little thinner and a tad longer wich is fine with me cus then I can run my Vapor speedo cable and SS brakeline in the brakeline clamp on the fork guard (hopefully!?) The brand is Streamline? any good, I even saw MSR makes one I'm just not into spending $80 for a brakeline when I can buy a set for my car for $120. Are the SM and S rear brakelines the same length and same size whole where the banjo bolt goes thru?

Just curious, if you wanted to keep your stock rotors, why are you asking about swapping them out to begin with? As for the SS lines, I got my front line and my back line for around $85 custom made on the spot. If you have an authorized Earls dealer around you, I suggest you check them out. I bought the EBC front kit, and the rear wave rotor from Wheeling Cycle Supply that retails for a whopping $65 compared to the $110+ everyone else wants for a rear.

Something to keep in mind, stock sucks. If you are happy with it, that is all that matters :p

Just curious, if you wanted to keep your stock rotors, why are you asking about swapping them out to begin with? As for the SS lines, I got my front line and my back line for around $85 custom made on the spot. If you have an authorized Earls dealer around you, I suggest you check them out. I bought the EBC front kit, and the rear wave rotor from Wheeling Cycle Supply that retails for a whopping $65 compared to the $110+ everyone else wants for a rear.

Something to keep in mind, stock sucks. If you are happy with it, that is all that matters :p

Gotcha have no clue about Bike Rotors all I know is the bigger the better for street aps. just didn't know how much better 10mm is I know a rotor like the Braking, Brembo, or motomaster is good quality stuff with the waves unlike the uniform OEM with some wholes drilled thruout. I like the EBC front rotor but I can't find a rear EBC rotor to match, but I'm not a big fan of the Orange. I love the look of the Braking rotors just a little too much money, but I'm willing to dish it out if I have to. So the answer to my question is 320mm is better and that I should pay the extra for the 10mm why go back to stock. as for Earls I have no clue what that is :lol: inform me twinjet.

Stock on a SM is only 300mm so +20mm is big change. I have that SS lines and Motul fluid which made huge diff. Guy who I installed with showed me a trick... grabbed one of his girls old vibes and ziptied it to the line after bleeding and just let it run, amazing all the tiny bubbles that come up the line. But if you go the bigger route just save your money until you can buy the Brembo kit from QTM. That's my next thing :p

Gotcha have no clue about Bike Rotors all I know is the bigger the better for street aps. just didn't know how much better 10mm is I know a rotor like the Braking, Brembo, or motomaster is good quality stuff with the waves unlike the uniform OEM with some wholes drilled thruout. I like the EBC front rotor but I can't find a rear EBC rotor to match, but I'm not a big fan of the Orange. I love the look of the Braking rotors just a little too much money, but I'm willing to dish it out if I have to. So the answer to my question is 320mm is better and that I should pay the extra for the 10mm why go back to stock. as for Earls I have no clue what that is :p inform me twinjet.

This one might be a bit more up your alley, and you can't beat the price. One of our fellow TT members is running it, dirtwhiz and I am pretty sure that is a pic of his bike on their website.

http://www.mototraction.com/p/656253/dsu-320mm-oversize-front-brake-rotor-conversion-kit-suzuki.html

As for the rear rotor, I am sticking to the Artrax one from Wheeling Cycle Supply. It's only $65 and it's a quality piece.

Keep in mind, brake rotors are like anything else, there are going to be the moderately priced ones, and the super expensive ones. It all depends on how much you want to spend. I myself would LOVE to have the Brembo set up, but I know that I can't afford it. For my needs, my set up works great. The braking has been improved dramatically and doesn't suffer from fade too bad.

Earls is a company that makes SS lines and fittings. A lot of hot rodders use them, and a lot of motorcycle teams used to use them. If you have a local hot rod shop, go check with them. My local dealer is VW paradise. You bring them your stock lines, they make the new ones with matching bends, and they pressure test them on the spot. I have run Earls lines on 8 of my bikes and have never once had a problem with them. Nothing but quality.

wave rotors are a gimmick on the basis of less weight and better cooling.

you'll notice that brembo's come with regular rotors and so do all road race bikes.

a scalloped rotor will have a tendency to warp when hot.

This one might be a bit more up your alley, and you can't beat the price. One of our fellow TT members is running it, dirtwhiz and I am pretty sure that is a pic of his bike on their website.

http://www.mototraction.com/p/656253/dsu-320mm-oversize-front-brake-rotor-conversion-kit-suzuki.html

As for the rear rotor, I am sticking to the Artrax one from Wheeling Cycle Supply. It's only $65 and it's a quality piece.

Keep in mind, brake rotors are like anything else, there are going to be the moderately priced ones, and the super expensive ones. It all depends on how much you want to spend. I myself would LOVE to have the Brembo set up, but I know that I can't afford it. For my needs, my set up works great. The braking has been improved dramatically and doesn't suffer from fade too bad.

Earls is a company that makes SS lines and fittings. A lot of hot rodders use them, and a lot of motorcycle teams used to use them. If you have a local hot rod shop, go check with them. My local dealer is VW paradise. You bring them your stock lines, they make the new ones with matching bends, and they pressure test them on the spot. I have run Earls lines on 8 of my bikes and have never once had a problem with them. Nothing but quality.

Thats a nice rotor Im actually leaning towards the EBC rotor that has a perfect circular edge on the outside of the rotor, I found one for $187 on TT and its pretty close to the rear OEM SM rotor so then I wont have to spend the extra money for a rear rotor...A little orange wont hurt :p:lol: And I was thinking of just going with the Moose or MSR brake lines I found then both for under $65 and the rear brake line under $45 so to upgrade the stock braking will cost me a little over $300 which is under the price of a single front 320mm Braking rotor :cry: add both Zeta pivot levers, a MSR shifter and maybe some IMS propegs and my controls are set! Since I already have new handlebars, grips, zeta handguard/turnsignals and my vapor.

I got these EBC rotors from TT. They have a similar pattern.

Front Pn. SM6017LD, Rear Pn. MD6014C

100_2063.jpg

100_2064.jpg

Glen.

I'm liking my DSU setup...$199 at mototraction.com very heavy duty SS.

Picture046.jpg

Stock on a SM is only 300mm so +20mm is big change.

Stock on an SM is 310 as others have said :p