Sign in to follow this  

supercross 2 fiddys

how do the factory teams have there bikes set up. like what mods do they have in them that make them so damn fast? like what compression are they running and what other internals are key to them being so fast.

how do the factory teams have there bikes set up. like what mods do they have in them that make them so damn fast? like what compression are they running and what other internals are key to them being so fast.

alot of it is a secret.. but everything that works teams put on there bikes is supposed to be available to public.. parts like suspension are available to public at a HUGE price (showa A-kit) motor wise alot of it is custom cams, custom portings, magnesium parts, alot of tuning and man hours to make the bike fast, including the most important mod- a really fast rider.. majority of us wouldnt even be able to ride those bikes to there capabilities nor would want to, those bikes are too fast and uncomfortable for the rest of us.. engine builders like Jesse Williams and Ron Hamp (here on TT) have unlocked alot of the secrets that make those bikes fast..

you will never know :p

Most of the money I bet goes into valve and cam design...get that to last with extremely aggressive cams...and you can make power.

Especially when raising the RPM ceiling. Just listen to the PC bikes...(and all the others...) they rev much higher than a stocker...

That destroys valve train...so much of the money goes there to get it light an strong.

In the rumor mill I have heard of upwards of 15:1 compression running cams that are just stupid aggressive and heads that start as stock casting..but are cut apart and welded and reworked moving the spring seats and filling holes created by the porting....

But, can't say that's a fact...I don't know, however if you can think of it...and you can pay for it...it can be done...so I bet it's halfway true.

More money goes into the getting the rider who could win on an xr80.......figuratively...because we all know in the end it's rider.

I read in a article that RV2's lites bike felt like a 450....I would not want to take a ride on a works 450:eek:

Its not that dificult to produce a supercross engine my components have produced enough power to get hole shots the most exspensive parts are the rider and suspension used for sx.