First Mods

Well the mod bug hit me already. I have messed with some of the little things with the bike, got my suspension where i want it, So im looking to add 3 things on the bike. I am looking at an exhaust (FMF 4.1 factory), maybe a twin air filter, and thinking of the new renthal sprockets, center is alum and the outter is steel... What do you guys suggest? Doesnt have to be these three things, but looking to go no more than 1k and looking to add some stuff to it.. Or should i do other "longevity" mods first? Oh yea the bike is a 2008 YZ250f

def. go for the exhaust

and you can hold off on the sprockets and twin air

THE BEST MONEY YOU CAN SPEND IS ON A SCOTT'S STABILIZER

an airfilter can actually do alot, no toil has one that eliminates the backfire screen and its supposed to be really good? its called the no toil super flo filter kit if u wanna look it up. im planning to get one for my crf250r. A pipe is a great addition to any bike too, factory 4.1 looks amazing btw !

Well the mod bug hit me already. I have messed with some of the little things with the bike, got my suspension where i want it, So im looking to add 3 things on the bike. I am looking at an exhaust (FMF 4.1 factory), maybe a twin air filter, and thinking of the new renthal sprockets, center is alum and the outter is steel... What do you guys suggest? Doesnt have to be these three things, but looking to go no more than 1k and looking to add some stuff to it.. Or should i do other "longevity" mods first? Oh yea the bike is a 2008 YZ250f

Before you do the FMF pipe talk to Jesse at Williamsmotowerx here on the forum. For what the FMF exhaust system will cost you Jesse will get you a lot more power out of his cylinder head work. And think about this no one will even know what your packin in that bike with the stock pipe still in place until the gate drops. Just my .02 :p

I totally agree with Charlie.... And the best part is the motor work will not get damage when you take a dirt sample.

Before you do the FMF pipe talk to Jesse at Williamsmotowerx here on the forum. For what the FMF exhaust system will cost you Jesse will get you a lot more power out of his cylinder head work. And think about this no one will even know what your packin in that bike with the stock pipe still in place until the gate drops. Just my .02 :p

X2 Much more bang for your buck.

I would go with the megabomb header for sure if your going with FMF. I get my motors done by PR2 so i can't speak for motowerx. I put radiator guards on my bike an they've done there jobs quite a bit. Look on ebay for all your stuff, im sure you can get a full FMF exhaust an everything else for under 500$. Then like everyone else is saying you might as well send out the motor with the remaining 500$ once you see what the FMF does. :p

The no toil super flo kit is great i have it on my 2006 yz250f

if you did the head work would the motor be as reliable and last as long:bonk:

I have had great reliability with williamsmotowerx. I had my bike done in september and have ridden it once or twice a week up until about 4 weeks ago when I finally got my practice bike together. I have not had to adjust the valves or anything. Prior to this bike I have also put a season and a half on a different bike with williamsmotowerx mods with no out of the ordinary issues. Jesse would be able to answer that question better, but I know he has packages to where you don't lose much if any reliability. He posts on here, or you can email him at Jesse@williamsmotowerx.net

I was looking at just some lil bolt-on stuff for this year. And once i get threw this year. And get the bike paid off by this winter i was going to get some head work and stuff done when i tear it down.

Anyone on here had any luck with hot cams? I was thinking of putting a stage 2 in my yz along with some headwork

Anyone on here had any luck with hot cams? I was thinking of putting a stage 2 in my yz along with some headwork

Usually, the head work is done based on a total package. Have the person that does you head work tell you what would work the best.

I ran Hotcams stg 1 intake w/ stg 2 exh and a full exhaust and it was OK. Had good upper mid-range and top end power and the over rev was nuts. They will pull forever with that setup. The bottom end was still kind of soft, too soft actually. But, I wound up switching to Williamsmotowerx cams since I sent the head to him for porting anyway. Makes much better low end and even stronger mid and has impressive top end power.

If you are having port work done anyway I'd talk to Jesse about cams before I spent the $$$ on Hotcams. I was much happier with his cam profiles.

If you do go with Hotcams I'd stay away from the stg2 intake cam. Your low end/ mid power will suffer. According to my research, it doesn't even make as good as power as stock until around 10,000 RPM with both stg 2 cams. The stg 2 setup really comes on at 11,000+RPM. There are dyno charts for all of these combinations floating around here on TT if you care to search. Might make a decision easier for you. Hope this helps.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: