Oil survey

ok, so i am not trying to turn this into another heated oil debate. lol I have an '08 250 sxf that calls for synthetic 10w50 so i am just curious what oil everone is running. brand, weight, viscosity.

Motul 300V Ester Synthetic, 15/50 :p

Motorex Cross Power (synthetic) 10W/50

Motorex - Cross Power 4T SAE 10W/50

rock oil xrp, 10w 40

Rotella T synth

Pennzoil Outdoors Motorcycle 10W-40 (conventional)

Vegetable....:p

Used to run Olive oil.....but that shits expensive!!!:lol:

Many....many hours with Motorex CrossPower 10/50

rotella t syn. 5-40 stuff is awesome

Motorex - Cross Power 4T SAE 10W/50

Pennzoil Outdoors Motorcycle 10W-40 (conventional)

Same! I change it every ride so I just run the respectable cheap stuff!

Rotella T Synthetic, 5-40

Motul 300V Ester Synthetic, 15/50 :p

+2... I run it in both my Husaberg and KTM

:p:lol::cry:

do yous not think that the motorex stuff is a bit expensive, over its like €55 for 4l, i pay €35 for the Rock oil:moon:

I find it IS expensive, I paid $20 CDN per liter ! after the case (12) is gone I just might consider an alternative ...

do yous not think that the motorex stuff is a bit expensive, over its like €55 for 4l, i pay €35 for the Rock oil:moon:

"do yous"?????? :p

KTM recommends the Motorex.

A one litre bottle is the perfect amount in my 250SXF. The manual recommends 1.1l but there is always some residual oil in the engine.

KTM recommends whatever brand they have a deal with. KTM recommended brand was Shell before this Motorex deal. I guarantee the Motorex won´t beat Shell in quality.

Motorex is an overpriced and overhyped brand IMHO.

ok, so i am not trying to turn this into another heated oil debate. lol I have an '08 250 sxf that calls for synthetic 10w50 so i am just curious what oil everone is running. brand, weight, viscosity.
KTM recommends whatever brand they have a deal with. KTM recommended brand was Shell before this Motorex deal. I guarantee the Motorex won´t beat Shell in quality.

Motorex is an overpriced and overhyped brand IMHO.

And....here....we.....go..... :p

Funny thing is I have never seen documentation to prove KTM has ever recommended Rotella tractor oil that people are running in their bikes :lol:

Big difference between Rotella and this stuff...

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/oils_lubricants/advance/product_range/four_stroke.html

I used to run the motorex stuff in my old 525, but the price was crazy,about $80 for a 4l jug.I switched to Maxima 530mx 10-40 when I got my 530,but found the clutch to be grabby, especially when cold.At this time I was also using it in my 505 and noticed the same symptoms.Not wanting to pay $80+ per jug,I searched for a cheaper alternative and tried ELF Moto4xt tech 10w-50 full synthetic.It sells for $44 per 4l jug, and my clutches now work properly in both bikes. ELF Moto4xt tech 10w-50 100% synthetic $44/4l cdn.