Sign in to follow this  

Very new to the hobby and unsure on a few things.

I am 5'9 140lbs, I have never ridden a dirt bike before but I have rode atvs my whole life. I can't afford a big bike and I like the looks of pit bikes better. I am looking at a SSR 150TX right now. It is $1659, which is quite a bit of money to spend on a hobby that I am unsure on.

1. I know top speed isn't the only thing that matters. But I was wondering how fast can I expect to go and how quickly will I get there?

2. Are they easy to get used to and how do they handle?

3. Are they easy to maintain like an ATV?

4. If something breaks are there replacement parts readily available?

1,695.00 would get you a good used YZ85 or RM or Honda 230F or 150 F and you would be able to get parts for sure, I would go for the 230F first, but it depends on what you are going to do with it track/trail. track get a 85 trail get the 230. Hon, SUZ, YAM, KAW you can't go wrong!!!

good riding and good luck!! DAVID

If you can afford $1700, you can afford a big bike. You can find used, but ready to ride 85-250cc two stroke bikes go for $1,700 all day long.

Better customer service. The guys at Pitster are always only a phone call or e-mail away.

X4R? And why is it so much better than a SSR?

theres pitster guys and there ssr guys etc. The pitster X4R isn't any better and the SSR guys / dealers / racers like us are also just a phone call or email away:ride: and if you were going to get a X4R you might as well get a OGM sx160pro for less money and its the same bike. Another good idea is shop used, craigslist, cycletrader etc.

Will any chinese bike be "newbie" friendly?

Cause I know like in any hobby it's not easy getting started.

Ok I have a new list of bikes but I am still leaning towards the SSR

SSR 150tx or 150R

Motovert 160

OGM SX160

Pitster X4R

Ok I have a new list of bikes but I am still leaning towards the SSR

SSR 150tx or 150R

Motovert 160

OGM SX160

Pitster X4R

Get a real bike!!!! save your self some head ache!!!!!!!!!

What are the differences between the SSR 150tx and 150R?

What are the differences between the OGM SX160 and the Pitster X4R?

the 150R is basically the best SSR bike

ogm/x4r?

there different bikes , similar but not the same

x4r is getting redesigned some i hear

one big difference right now,,,,you cant buy a x4r now

before you get totally settled

consider G2 moto r1 160 or Piranaha 160 as well

THE SSR150TX AND 150 HAVE TOTALLY DIFFERENT CHASSIS. THE SSR 150PROR IS THE BEST BIKE OUT RIGHT NOW! IT WAS DESIGNED AND ENGINEERED IN THE USA. MANY SAMPLES WERE SENT BACK AND FORTH TO MAKE SURE THE PRODUCTION MODEL WAS PERFECT. THE SSR 150TX IS A GREAT BIKE ALSO, I ACTUALLY LIKE IT BETTER THEN THE X4R AND OGM MAINLY BECAUSE THE SWINGARM IS BETTER AND STRONGER. ONE THING ALSO ON THE SSR BIKES THEY HAVE THE GOOD YX ENGINES, NOT THE ONES WITH THE ISSUES.

OGM AND PITSTER X4R SO CLOSE I SAY THERE THE SAME. AND THE OGM IS A GREAT DEAL FOR THE MONEY.

ALL FOUR BIKES HAVE THE SAME FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION.

piranha's crf 70 based bike is supposed to have bigger plastics and tank than the klx 110 based bikes, but i haven't been able to compare crf 70 plastics to klx 110 plastics yet, last time i was on www.wholesale-cycle.com they were selling the piranha for 17 or 1800 i believe

piranha's crf 70 based bike is supposed to have bigger plastics and tank than the klx 110 based bikes, but i haven't been able to compare crf 70 plastics to klx 110 plastics yet, last time i was on www.wholesale-cycle.com they were selling the piranha for 17 or 1800 i believe
were selling them too ,,,,same pricing

and i like the crf70 styling , new 7000 series aluminum rims

speaking directly with the importer 0 engine issues reported

Joe,

I was just in your same boat a couple of weeks ago. Big 4 wheeler guy, ride full mod snowmobiles all winter. I called around and asked a lot of questions. The first GOOD dealers that I talked to I asked more questions. Bottom line Staggs and Tbolt both are great dealers with good service and good prices. I bought 3 Bikes (2 150pro r and 1 150tx) from Staggs and he has been great. If I would do it again I would have bought 3 pro r's. They are awesome. Go for the 150 pro r, you will not be disappointed. They are fun.

joe