Best 43mm forks for Woods XR200

What is considered to be the "best" conventional 43mm Honda fork out there?

I'm currently running '84 CR125 forks on my XR200 with a CR250 tipple clamp but they are pretty worn out and I was wondering what other Honda 43mm fork options are out there

It would be really great if I could find a fork that is already sprung and valved close to what I would need. I'm 175lbs and the XR200 typically sees tight eastern woods trails with lots of roots rocks and mud, and I may enter some hair scrambles in the future.

I've been eying some nice CR250-500 and XR250/500/650 Forks on fleabay and they have been going really cheap and I'd like to know what I should be looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Get 87 and later for best performance (they've got cartridges). For the best overall, pick the one with the least underhang. I think the XR 600 fits that bill.

XR600 forks are 43mm and are about the best I have ever used.

I have a set of 41mm XR250 forks on my CRF230F.

BUT, I have a set of stock 1987 XR200R forks on my XR200 with Progressive suspension springs and Race Tech emulators. I have 370cc of 7wt fork oil. They work great and I find it hard to believe that bigger forks would work much better on this bike. I have been racing my XR200R in modern and Post Vintage events since last fall and have even won my H/S class ( SrA ). Infact they work so well that I am trying to see if a set of stock CRF230F forks can be converted to the same setup using the XR200R damper rods or a similar setup. I don't think I would change the forks if they worked this good.

IMO,

Dwight

I run 43MM WP on my Gasgas. They are pretty good but the rims are harder to find. If you go to gasgasrider.org and then the forum you can find bikes being parted out cheap all the time. just one option.

i believe that the 86 250cr had cartridge 43s then in 87 the 125 and 500 had them Ive got a set of 88cr 125 forks on my tt avenger and they work very good you will probably need to spring them 42s might work for your weight and bike. I run 44s in mine. Its weight is similar to the 200. but I ,m alittle heavier than you at 210 lbs

They work great and I find it hard to believe that bigger forks would work much better on this bike. I don't think I would change the forks if they worked this good.

IMO,

Dwight

Thanks Dwight. The main reason I swapped over to 43mm forks was to add front disc brakes to the XR200, and mine was a '94 so It came with the short forks and the pogo stick rear shock. If I had an older XR with the better forks I probably would have gone that route.

i believe that the 86 250cr had cartridge 43s then in 87 the 125 and 500 had them Ive got a set of 88cr 125 forks on my tt avenger and they work very good you will probably need to spring them 42s might work for your weight and bike. I run 44s in mine. Its weight is similar to the 200. but I ,m alittle heavier than you at 210 lbs
Get 87 and later for best performance (they've got cartridges). For the best overall, pick the one with the least underhang. I think the XR 600 fits that bill.

Thanks for the info guys, this is exactly what I wanted to hear.

I'll keep a lookout for some XR600 and '86-'88 CR250 and '87-'88 CR125/500 forks.