Soo Pit or Gandy Dancer

I am trying to do quick ride on Saturday (Apr 18) to try out my new CRF 250X. It will be my first ride in 10 years. Should I go to Soo Pits or Gandy Dancer? Or any other suggestions (within 2 hours of Mpls)

I am trying to do quick ride on Saturday (Apr 18) to try out my new CRF 250X. It will be my first ride in 10 years. Should I go to Soo Pits or Gandy Dancer? Or any other suggestions (within 2 hours of Mpls)

If you've never ridden it before, the Gandy Dancer trail is about as challenging and fun as a gravel road. If you're in search of something mellow, smooth, and you can enjoy the scenery, then the Gandy is the ticket. Honestly, you could ride the thing on a Goldwing with the wife on the back. It's an old RR bed.

If you're looking for something that isn't super challenging, yet has a turn here and there, check out CC Andrews. It's open.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/trail_detail.html?id=12

Thanks. I was looking at CC Andrews last night. Seems like good mix of trails. Closer to home as well!

Yeah, CC Andrews is good for a little shakedown ride. Was just there last weekend with Jr. on his 85...still some snow and ice in the woods!

Great- that is where I am going. Have you ever camped there? Also, have you been to Soo Pits?

Yeah, I've never camped there, but I believe you'll pass the campground on the way in.

Soo pits are fun and you might as well hit that if you're up there - just a couple of old gravel pits to ride in. If you go there, make sure you find both, the first one is kind of small.

You up for a tagalong rider? I got nothing going, and nobody to ride with!

I live 5 mins from CC Andrews, let me know.

That sounds great. I am going to be up there around 9:00 - probably ride for 2-3 hours. Let me know if that works for you.

That sounds great. I am going to be up there around 9:00 - probably ride for 2-3 hours. Let me know if that works for you.

Works for me....staging area off Dago Lake road?

I'll be driving an old beater Chevy, 1980's vintage quad cab, baby blue in color.

Bike is a KTM 380 2 stroke with "ThumperTalk" fender decals.

C.C Andrew was good. Dusty! Thanks chickenhauler for showing me the way!

C.C Andrew was good. Dusty! Thanks chickenhauler for showing me the way!

Good to meet you, hopefully we'll be able to do some more riding, this time without having to slalom quads all day.

PS-I had a second beer finished before you made Hinckley.:p

Good to meet you, hopefully we'll be able to do some more riding, this time without having to slalom quads all day.

PS-I had a second beer finished before you made Hinckley.:cry:

I rode 87 miles this weekend straight from my garage :p bouyah!:lol:

I rode 87 miles this weekend straight from my garage :p bouyah!:lol:

Yeah, but while you were out riding, did your wife mow the yard, rake the leaves, and have a hot dinner waiting when you got back?:cry:

Yeah, but while you were out riding, did your wife mow the yard, rake the leaves, and have a hot dinner waiting when you got back?:p

No, but the GF did have a hot meal, cleaned my clothes, and was in the mood for... er... don't think i can discuss that (rated R) :lol: