the engine oil in my bike drasticly increased could that mean seal out

sorry i got a crf250r 07 Ok so i was checking my oil level and it was way over the recomended and the whole side case was full of oil. wondering how that could happen? would that mean a seal went out inside the motor causing transmission oil to seep in or could colant seep in some how.

Is this a two stroke or a four stroke? What color is your oil?

I think you will have better luck posting in brand specific forum (not saying anyone of us here in the NW couldn't help:thumbsup: )

So it sounds like you have a crf? I have heard of this in the honda forum I think it has to do with suction on the engine side. Air filter totally packed? Vent tube routing screwed up? I think these were some of the causes. Two fifty four fifty? Search those forums you should get some answers. I have had a crf for five years and never had this problem. Good luck.

sorry i got a crf250r 07 Ok so i was checking my oil level and it was way over the recomended and the whole side case was full of oil. wondering how that could happen? would that mean a seal went out inside the motor causing transmission oil to seep in or could colant seep in some how.

Didnt the CRF's have a seperate engine and gearbox oil? Its either oil migrating in from the other area (you didnt mention if it was engine or gearbox oil level that was too full) then assume its either coming from the other area or coolant mixing in from a bad water pump seal. But coolant will make it milky looking or brown like muddy water.

there is a seal inbetween the engine side and trans side that is leaking, i have heard of this before. any engine work done recently?