extra wattage? H4 helmet light?

Hey guys!

I know the DRZ puts out 200W from the alternator and the headlight is a 55/60W. On my E model I am running LED signals and tail/brake lights so not much more there. No computer or other electrical accessories at all. Not sure how many watts the ignition etc. needs.

So how many more watts can I draw when riding?

I was wondering if I could run another 55/60W headlight without draining my battery? Why doesn't anyone make a helmet light with a regular H4 headlight bulb? I think it would be plenty bright and WAY cheaper than an HID helmet light. Any thoughts?

-JOsh

Hey guys!

I know the DRZ puts out 200W from the alternator and the headlight is a 55/60W. On my E model I am running LED signals and tail/brake lights so not much more there. No computer or other electrical accessories at all. Not sure how many watts the ignition etc. needs.

So how many more watts can I draw when riding?

I was wondering if I could run another 55/60W headlight without draining my battery? Why doesn't anyone make a helmet light with a regular H4 headlight bulb? I think it would be plenty bright and WAY cheaper than an HID helmet light. Any thoughts?

-JOsh

Check your PMs.:p AL

I don't want to take this thread hostage but what about changing the bulb to a 100 watt H4 bulb. I have thought about doing this. The cage is all glass and metal so don't think it will melt anything. Anybody done this or ideas about it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Nevermind- I found another thread with the info.

I run dual headlights with a switch to turn them off for offroad. They will drain the battery when toodling along on singletrack or slow, technical trails.