My WR250R makes a strange vibrating like noise occasionally.

Occasionally when riding my 250R I hear a noise like some thing is vibrating excessively loud for about a second. It's very brief and sounds like it is towards the front on the bike. I almost feel like it happens if I shift later than usual but I'm not talking rpm levels that are very high really. I don't really know if it correlates with anything for sure though. It may be totally random.

Anyone have an idea what this is?

Occasionally when riding my 250R I hear a noise like some thing is vibrating excessively loud for about a second. It's very brief and sounds like it is towards the front on the bike. I almost feel like it happens if I shift later than usual but I'm not talking rpm levels that are very high really. I don't really know if it correlates with anything for sure though. It may be totally random.

The glass in my stock mirrors rattle. Try taking them off and see if it goes away. You have to be at just the right engine speed to make it happen.

Do you happen to have any form of skid plates? :p

I'll have to mess with the mirrors.

Yes I have the skid plate sold on wheelingcyclesupply.com but the vibration sound rarely occurs and is very brief but it always gets my attention.

Are you sure it's not your rev limiter? It's kind of like a buzzing/vibration. I find I hit it very easily in first.

I know this sounds weird but lube your chain and see if it goes away. Mine was making a weird noise and it sounded like the front. I lubed the chain and it went away.

Just a thought.

mine makes that noise it didn't start until i put on a skid plate. i used the one from wheeling cycle it's the skid plate. take it off and put rubber o rings between the plate and the cradle and it goes away

mine make that noise it didn't start until i put on a skid plate. i use the one from wheeling cycle it's the skid plate. take it off and put rubber o rings between the plate and the cradle and it goes away

I was thinking about doing this. Did you put some on both sides of the spacers from the front screws or just the cradle side. I could see those cylinder spacers rattling against the frame or the skid plate.

You should only need to put the rubber dampers in between the skid plate and the frame.