Sound Enforcement

I got an E-Mail today from the DNR saying they're holding a sound measurement class this Saturday at Straddleline ORV Park. Chris Real is a rider and does a lot of work for the motorcycle industry. I'd recommend anyone who can, take this class.

The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is offering a free training on how to measure sound levels from off-road vehicles from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 18 at Straddleline ORV Park, 15015 State Route 8 West, McCleary.

Get your own ORV’s sound level measured and learn more about how law enforcement officers test for sound.

Class covers:

· Sound basics, including definitions, the human hearing mechanism, sound measurement, and comparative sound levels.

· Measuring procedures for motorcycles, cars, watercraft, snowmobiles, and property line sound checks.

· Off-road vehicles as a noise source including acoustical vanishing distance.

· Field sound equipment selection and use, including the sound meter, acoustical field calibrator, and tachometer; spark arrester and muffler inspection.

· And more!

Instructor is Chris Real, CLS, with DPS Technical Inc. (www.chemhelp.com)

Reservations: Space is limited, and reservations are required. Contact Heidi Stephens at heidi.stephens@dnr.wa.gov or 360-902-1375.

I got the same email, and I might add, it said its "free". Be a good deal.