Getting a scotts damper, but which mount?

The title says it all. I need some advice on the differerent mounts that scotts offers. I like the SUB mount, but I dont really want to raise my bars an inch since im only 5'5" to start with. I dont really like the top mount just because I think I would bash my in face on it. But will it fit neatly under some renthal twinwalls if I were to mount it this way? Ive been looking into the LOW mount. Looks a bit odd, but its out of the way. Does anyone have any pics other that the two on the scotts site of this mounting? Would I have to drill my frame? Also just how much adjusting on the fly do people generally do with these? Also this will be going on an 08 YZ250, in case that helps.

you can run a bar pad with an above the bar mounted stabilizer and fat bars, just cut it out so it covers the stabilizer and you can still adjust it easily. i dont know about anyone else, but when im riding with a stabilizer i adjust it on the fly all the time

That would work, But Ill be getting twinwalls as soon as the stock pro tapers bend any more. Fat bars are all right, but I had those and then twinwalls on my last bike and they are WAY stronger.

id go wit the top mount

I dunno, thats a good sized piece of aluminum just aiming for my face...

I have the Scotts and sub-mount set up on a 06 yz250. I put the Pro taper universal low bars on and actually lowered the total bar height a little. The stock bar height on a 06 is a little higher than a 08. I never adjust the stabilizer.

When if ever was the last time you planted your face into the triple clamps? And if you wear a typical helmet it shouldn't be a problem. Put a pad on it and call it good. JMNSHO

I have the Scotts and sub-mount set up on a 06 yz250. I put the Pro taper universal low bars on and actually lowered the total bar height a little. The stock bar height on a 06 is a little higher than a 08. I never adjust the stabilizer.

Hmm. thats what I was hoping might happen with mine. Any idea how much taller the 08s are? I was thinking the renthal twinwall mcgrath bars. They seem to be the shortest.

When if ever was the last time you planted your face into the triple clamps? And if you wear a typical helmet it shouldn't be a problem. Put a pad on it and call it good. JMNSHO

Ive done it once or twice. Only hit the mouthpiece, but it only takes one good pop in the face hole. And even with a pad, thats still an extrusion off the bars to make it hurt worse than the crossbar pad by itself.

I also have the sub mount with pro taper bars, the bars are a little taller with the bend that I am using, but i actually prefer it over the stock height, i do have short arms though