eat before a cardio workout?

ok well im 18 years old and i like to cycle for mx but im not sure at 5.30 in the morning when i ride if i should eat before i go for a ride or after or both? i need an urgant answer! i dont have a weak stomach so if i go hard i wont puke haha

thanks!

ok well im 18 years old and i like to cycle for mx but im not sure at 5.30 in the morning when i ride if i should eat before i go for a ride or after or both? i need an urgant answer! i dont have a weak stomach so if i go hard i wont puke haha

thanks!

Conventional wisdom would say that you should eat something before your workout, especially in the morning (after you've not eaten all night). Don't know how long your rides are but most road cyclists eat small amounts regularly during their rides to prevent the body from crashing... and having an energy crash ain't a lot of fun :-(

I can't seem to go workout in the early am without a little something in my belly. I usually eat a couple bites of whatever's handy. Like half of a breakfast bar or a piece of bread or a shot of protein powder.

I think it just depends on you. But if you don't eat something in the am you should at least bring something on the road with you just in case.