AtomicMoto - Forma Dominator Boot Review

I just ordered a set of Forma Dominators from Atomic-Moto.Com. They have them on sale for $199.

I’ve been looking for a new set of boots for a while. Since switching from my GS to a XR650R I now need something with more protection. I tried on a pair of Alpinestars and they didn’t fit my feet right (Just walking around in the store). Maybe they needed time to break in? But I also want a boot for ADV riding where if I have to get off and walk a bit to explore something I can. I would like to try a set of Gaerne S12's still but $$$ has kept me from trying a set. Anyways I kept looking.

After having a few people recommend the Forma’s to me I decided to give them a try. According to Atomic Moto they are just like the Hurricane 661’s. I ordered a set in blue size 44 (they were out of red in a 44 ) and had them at the house 2 days later

Initial impression of the boots…..The quality and fit is excellent. The boots are very comfortable on my feet right out of the box. They have a flexible joint in them to allow easier walking and I can walk pretty well in them even before they are broken in (They still aren’t walking shoes but pretty good for a MX boot). The build quality appears to be top notch, the buckles are metal, very robust and easily replaceable, they latch and unlatch very smooth. The inner bootie is very comfortable and I think I read where it is made of some kind of odor resistant material. After a short initial test ride I really like these boots. I’ll do some longer rides soon and see how they go. I’ve talked to several people now that own these boots and swear by them so I’m sure I’ll have good luck with them in the long run also.

Thought I would post this short review up in case someone else is looking for a top quality boot at a affordable price. (Disclaimer: I don't have any connection with Atomic Moto other than buying this set of boots, just sharing what I think is a great deal).

img2172v.jpg

Overall Shot

img2175h.jpg

Heavy Duty Buckle

img2178f.jpg

Buckle Open

img2180z.jpg

Pivot Point. This makes it a LOT easier to Shift and Walk

img2181c.jpg

img2184k.jpg

Inner Bootie

Hodakaguy

If you put the review in the "reviews" section (link in site header), it's far less likely to get buried in the general threads. This thread will be on page 5 by this afternoon.

Do you know how hard it is to get replacement buckles for them? I wear AXO's right now and the only place that has replacement buckles (in stock) is AXO themselves. Not that it's a bad thing, but I usually like to order a few items at once from retailers. Also, are the soles replaceable?

Seems liek a simple, but effective design...How heavy are they compared to the a stars?

I also got the same boots pictured from Brian at Atomic-Moto.com. I was shocked when they first showed up. The quality and fit far exceeded my expectations for a boot in this price range. I saw a question as to the weight. They are very comparable in weight to all the others. The hinged style and booty are very well done and the riding comfort is also excellent... If you are in the market I would highly recommend these !!!

Did you have to order a size bigger than your shoe size? I did this for my oxtars and many say the same for other boots that have a removable bootie too.

I have had these boots from the day they got them in there at Atomic. LOVE them. they have held up well (I ride a LOT), are very protective and supportive.

As far as size they were a little smaller than my size 11 Alpinestars. Not enough to not fit but snug.

Just tried the site and apparently no longer available

I've been wearing the Dominators for a whole season of riding, got them at Atomic Moto. They're holding up really well, really great protection for the price and very comfortable. My only cons are that they are very bulky at the calf and make OTB pants difficult to wear, but not impossible. Also, they let water in big time, but I've never had an MX style boot that didn't so it's not really that much of an issue. For the price, I don't think there's ever been a better boot. They're nicer than the Crossfires I returned, which fit me like crap and showed no clear improvement in quality over these.

I got mine for $140 at atomic-moto, and they feel way better than my gaerne sg10's that i just got rid of. They are way more comfortable and feel like there made better. So far i love them

recently?

I've been wearing the Dominators for a whole season of riding, got them at Atomic Moto. They're holding up really well, really great protection for the price and very comfortable. My only cons are that they are very bulky at the calf and make OTB pants difficult to wear, but not impossible. Also, they let water in big time, but I've never had an MX style boot that didn't so it's not really that much of an issue. For the price, I don't think there's ever been a better boot. They're nicer than the Crossfires I returned, which fit me like crap and showed no clear improvement in quality over these.

Thats funny, because I found them to be the most waterproof boots I've owned, especially the upper boot closure system on the inner boot, keeps crap out for me with kneeguards. Most boots don't close tight enough around the calf for me, they're all made for knee braces.

I've had these boots a season. Awesome fit, good comfort, mobility and protection. Best feeling boots I've ever worn.

Only complaints are one sole chunking badly and the plastic on the inside of the ankle gets pretty shredded from gripping my bike. The plastic on the outside hinge of the boot looks a little hokey as well but so far no problems.....

Replaceable soles would be nice :moon:

i got mine about a month and a half ago.

Were they listed on the site or did u call them? I can't seem to find em.

i just looked on atomic moto and it looks like there sold out of them. maybe try ebay.

if your a 12 or 13 the size 14 could work because i got a size bigger than my normal size and it fits really snug because of the inner boot.

Most boots I'm a 12. Fox I'm 13. Don't think I wanna go to 14. I'll keep my eye out thx.