Aussie DRZ400E Airbox Snorkle

Hi all, I have a derestricted 06 DRZ400E and I wanna rip the rubber snorkle out of the airbox. Will I have to re-jet?

Plus on a side note, if i dropped a FMF Q2 pipe and powerbomb header on would that need a re-jet?

Thanks all.

Hi all, I have a derestricted 06 DRZ400E and I wanna rip the rubber snorkle out of the airbox. Will I have to re-jet?

Plus on a side note, if i dropped a FMF Q2 pipe and powerbomb header on would that need a re-jet?

Thanks all.

Well, alls I can tell you is my experience with an '02 DR-Z400 kicker. The PO removed the snorkle and put on an open MRD pipe early on, but he never re-jetted it from stock. Ran it like that from 2002 till l bought it last Christmas. Did not seem to harm it at all. At least I see no lean-run damage so far.

When I bought it, I soon increased both the main & pilot to richen it up and that noticeably increased the power, particularly on the low end. And seemed to make it easier to start (she's a kicker!).

Best of luck, mate.

160 main ... 45 pilot ... 2 turns fuel screw .. i found the EMN code needle on the 3rd clip worked very well at sea level to 1000 metres above sea level .

up here in Nth Qld when they deristricted our bikes at the shop it comes with a 165 main jet. so nothing needs to be changed if u do an exhaust.

Thanks all.

Aussie 'E' has 165 main jet from std which is super rich. With the bike derestricted and an open pipe it will be ok. Make sure you enlargen the the hole in the rubber boot between the carby and the engine intake on the head.

Glen.

So if i rip out the rubber boot on top of the airbox, all it will do is make it breath better. And not need a re-jet...?

yeah as glen said it is already jetted up . just make sure the restrictor flap in the boot between the head and the carb has been ripped out. it is there for adr sh*t.

Thanks all.

you would of thought it was already out, if its been 'derestricted',especially by now beening an 06 model,anyway rip it out,and you get more air, the aussie 'e' carbs are already jetted for the size hole that is left behind,