Sign in to follow this  

£450 ($675 USD) for a Corbin Seat in the UK

I just phoned around for a price quote on a Corbin seat, and going by the recommended distributors here in the UK, I got talking to Battistinis who quoted me over £450 ($675 USD) for a standard DRZ Corbin seat.

I previously spoke to people from http://www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co.uk/ who quoted £386 ($578 USD).

...and obviously 4-8 weeks lead time.

Are they worth that much?? I need something for my arse I'm going to be riding about 5000 miles this summer. I'd like to be able to stand without a Zimmer frame by the end of it.

I have a corbin that is very lightly used.

It had yellow sides but I changed them at a local upholsterer to black.

I can sell it to you for 200 GBP plus the postage to England. I live in Greece.

If you want, you can buy a Corbin direct. Have it shipped to you or if you want, have them ship it to me and I'll send it to you if that ends up being cheaper. You figure it out, I'll help if I can.

Corbin stocks some variations, some they make to order. If it is stocked, it would be shipped within 24 hours of your order, either from Florida or CA.

Cheers guys! I've had a few PMs with people wanting to sell me theirs. Which I may seriously consider. I only wrote this thread to ask if it was worth spending that much. Now I have people offering me them cheaper. I take it they're good then. :p

They are an improvement over stock, but.... do not expect the comfort to be so good that a 500Km ride is nothing. Your butt will still be numb. Just not quite as quickly and not quite as severely.

Yeah, I reckon the clue to how big an improvement they make is in the number of people trying to sell you theirs!

The shape of the seat is the problem, there's no cradle effect, so the pressure is not spread as far and wide as with road saddles. Gel and different foam inserts can only improve this deficiency a little.

Another seat with the same profile will not be much better.

Uk advice I've found is to use padded cycle shorts.

Me, I've cut the foam down, made it flat and parrallel with the base, and added in a layer of softer foam, before stapling the original cover back on.

Is it better? Oh yes.

Is it comfortable? Well, I still wear cycle shorts.... :p

I paid $300 for mine and would not pay a penny more. And make sure you go for the Gripper material.

For that price, I would buy a ripped up stoker from fleabay just for the pan and send it Renazzco and get it custom made to my specs with the best padding (extra thick) and best cover (waterproof suede) and my codename "GOEBZ" embroidered right in.

I like my Corbi but that is just way too much. You could have a local re-do yours for half that. Even in the land of GUINESS.

I paid $300 for mine and would not pay a penny more. And make sure you go for the Gripper material.

For that price, I would buy a ripped up stoker from fleabay just for the pan and send it Renazzco and get it custom made to my specs with the best padding (extra thick) and best cover (waterproof suede) and my codename "GOEBZ" embroidered right in.

I like my Corbi but that is just way too much. You could have a local re-do yours for half that. Even in the land of GUINESS.

Thats the reason I don't want to order the Renazco. I don't want to part with my seat for that long and it is even more expensive than corbin.

Someone please tell the man about the Manta seat...quickly

Thats the reason I don't want to order the Renazco. I don't want to part with my seat for that long and it is even more expensive than corbin.

Like I said, buy a ripped up stocker off flebay and send that, then you can keep your original pristine. From what I have seen (and felt) Renazco's are the tops.

I mean just look at the thing...

18-O.jpg

25-O.jpg

They even look good on a TW 200....

28-O.jpg

Like I said, buy a ripped up stocker off flebay and send that, then you can keep your original pristine. From what I have seen (and felt) Renazco's are the tops.

I mean just look at the thing...

18-O.jpg

25-O.jpg

They even look good on a TW 200....

28-O.jpg

Are they much wider than the stock or is it just better foam? I really don't like that the corbin would make me loose some seat height if i didn't special order it.

Having just gone through the process of ordering a Renazco I would like to clear up a couple things about what has been said.

They are running a wait of many weeks but you dont have to ship your seat to them until the Friday before your time slot - they will have the seat done in a couple days and back in the mail to you ASAP. You will not be with out your seat the entire wait time, just the build+shipping time.

DO NOT send them a cut up/trash seat! They need the factory pan *and* OEM foam intact. This is one of the misunderstandings I had (my fault) and sent them a less than ideal seat because I thought it was just the pan they needed. The pan was good but the foam wasnt...it almost caused a huge problem but Renazco went above and beyond for me and saved the day! :lol::p

I cannot say enough good about Renazco and their customer service. I had well over a dozen lengthy email exchanges with them and they always responded in a timely and personal manner helping me determine exactly what I needed. It was my own misunderstanding about the foam and even then Renazco went well above and beyond for me.

I got my T# today and as soon as I can I will post a new thread with pics and review - I can tell you now though, their service is stellar :cry:

BMsol6wBWkKGrHgoOKiQEjlLmZ24BJl6ovQ.jpg

:p

There you go, I feel we might have saved the man's life or at least his ass :lol:

Someone tell me what size those wheels are and size of tires in that last picture