oversized grips??

i know from back in the day when i played golf and worked at the proshop for years that when someone wanted a little fatter grip that we would use a few layers of tape to build them up. What we did, which i always think is the best and strongest way to install grips for bikes also is to use double sided tape to hold grips on. If they hold rubber grips on golf clubs for years they work on bikes too. A good sticky double sided tape, the double masking tape works and others, i have some REALLY sticky stuff thats a tad thicker than masking tape, but you wrap your bars usually one layer, if you want thicker you can do multiple layers. Doesnt seem like a few layers of tape will make any difference but it kinda does, to install grips over tape you can use a tiny bit of gas or another drying solvent, get glue on tape covered and a bit in the grip and slide on and adjust. It usually takes overnight to dry completely but this is what i do and i use one layer as my tape is about the thickness of 2 layers of regular masking tape.

Thats the only way i know to make them fatter, but definitely how i feel is one of the best ways to install grips, i hate the glues and specially safety wire to tear your grips

The dual sport grips like Pro Grip 714's and 737's are fatter than most grips, I notice a big difference using these, less hand cramping etc.

+1 on the ProGrip 737's ?

one of my quadtard buddies has the "death grips" w/ the little skulls and they felt like they were even fatter than the 737's...?

?

The dual sport grips like Pro Grip 714's and 737's are fatter than most grips, I notice a big difference using these, less hand cramping etc.

Absolutely the best I have ever used. About $10 bucks anywhere:thumbsup: And they come in a few colors. RED!

I like the Pro Grips 791:

• First ever Triple Density motorcross grip with ProGrips internationally famous racing compounds.
  • Hardest density against the bar to keep the grip from moving on the bar.
  • Medium and soft over layers where most needed: Half Waffle design for better finger control and gel pad for softer vibration absorption against the palm
  • Colors available: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Green.

Rated 4.8 out of a possible 5 by 24 reviewers ?

progrip791.jpg

I like the Pro Grips 791:

• First ever Triple Density motorcross grip with ProGrips internationally famous racing compounds.
  • Hardest density against the bar to keep the grip from moving on the bar.
  • Medium and soft over layers where most needed: Half Waffle design for better finger control and gel pad for softer vibration absorption against the palm
  • Colors available: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange and Green.

Rated 4.8 out of a possible 5 by 24 reviewers ?

progrip791.jpg

i replaced the relatively expensive 791's with my current 737's...while the 791's were nice but they're skinny?

my bud put the 791's on his R and luvs them BUT then again he's 5'10" on a gud day...wuts up w/ all of the little guys on R's ???

?

my bud put the 791's on his R and luvs them BUT then again he's 5'10" on a gud day...wuts up w/ all of the little guys on R's ???

?

yeah really, i'm 6'4" and still on my tip toes at stop signs...how do they do it?? its amazing