What size seal savers

I need to order some type fork protectors, and not sure what to get, but I'm thinking about seal savers.

Rockymountain ATV has the Tusk brand for a great price, but I don't know what size to get.

It has fork sizes listed at...

32-35mm

36-43mm

44-50mm

What size do I get?

what bike are you going to put them on?

oh sorry,

'98 XR400

Just in case anyone else is searching, I emailed Rockymountain ATV and they recomended the 44-50mm for the '98 XR400.

I guess that means any XR4 that's newer would get the same

FYI, the XR fork tubes are 38mm diameter. I think the 44-50mm savers would be too sloppy of a fit. I'd get the 36-43mm ones.

I just got the 44-50 long tusk fork savers and they fit great on my XR4. Just watch out for those stupid zip ties. I bout broke my nose when I punched myself when the tie broke from over tightening it:) 1" either way would have been a nice black eye....

I just got the 44-50 long tusk fork savers and they fit great on my XR4. Just watch out for those stupid zip ties. I bout broke my nose when I punched myself when the tie broke from over tightening it:) 1" either way would have been a nice black eye....

I still think those are too big, but anyway, I used heavy duty zip ties. about 1/4" wide. haven't had one break on me.

I thought the forks were 43mm

not quite. IIRC they are 38. Most USD forks are 43mm and that's the size i have on my USD swap forks. The reason guys with USD forks use them is because the seal is completely exposed to dirt and debris minus the roost shield. with standard forks, you have the boot that covers the hole exposed part of the fork; the seal, and the fork shafts.

The fork tubes that the Savers actually slip over are 38mm in diameter. Put a pair of calipers to them and see.

Here's the 36-43mm installed ... XR416front.jpg

sumo2brake.jpg