Sign in to follow this  

I need to higher Up my DRZ 400 sm

Hellooo guys

I just wanted to know if anybody higher up his DRZ and how and also if their is an old thread open that i can see...

Thanks

you can also adjust the nut on your rear shock that ll raisi it about two inches

Depending on which tires you have on now, you can possibly raise your bike about 12-15 mm with taller tires. This would be an expensive way to get only a small rise.

Stiffer front and rear springs would keep the bike from sinking down when you sit on it.??

or if their is any other part of other motorbike compatible

you can also adjust the nut on your rear shock that ll raisi it about two inches

Sorry to high jack but can the reverse be done to lower it:confused:

I'd be interested in this also, i'm 6ft 2in and feel the drz is too low. I have adjusted the rear spring and could still do with it a couple of incehs higher. Anyone know of anything?

Hello.

I made some shorter dogbones for my K7 SM. You can only go 6mm shorter without having to do major surgery to the mount on the swingarm. It will raise the bike but not much for all the work.

I have recently fitted an Avon HKM tyre ( 150/70/17 ) and it seems like a taller tyre than the Dunlop 208 though the specs are similar.

I measured the distance from the tip of the rear mudguard to the ground and its 104cm.

I don't have any measurements for the standard bike to make a comparison but i'm sure you can get them from your own :banghead:

Hope that helps,

Ken.

AVONHKMFITTED.jpg

Are you looking for more ground clearance or seat height or distance between the seat and the pegs, or higher bars?

I'm 6'4" and have done the following: Re spring and revalve for my weigh. The heavier springs make the bike ride 3-4" higher in the rear and about 2-3 in front when I am on it.

Corbin seat with extra layer of foam. This puts my tush up higher so more leg room to the pegs. Looking for nice lowered pegs now.

GPR stabilizer and risers. This makes the bars higher so I'm not bending down to reach them.

Have never seen a link to raise the bike other than the custom one above, only lowering links. It does change the suspension geometry.

SDG tall seat, proper springs, adjust rear for minimal sag, and I think that's about all you can do.........why do you need it taller?

LOL every time I see/read the topic line it gives me double vision. need to higer up. still gets me every time lol

No offense meant!

How high do you want it? Look at Kcpc,s bike he has a 4x4 block under the kick stand it,s so higher up

Hello.

I made some shorter dogbones for my K7 SM. You can only go 6mm shorter without having to do major surgery to the mount on the swingarm. It will raise the bike but not much for all the work.

I have recently fitted an Avon HKM tyre ( 150/70/17 ) and it seems like a taller tyre than the Dunlop 208 though the specs are similar.

I measured the distance from the tip of the rear mudguard to the ground and its 104cm.

I don't have any measurements for the standard bike to make a comparison but i'm sure you can get them from your own :banghead:

Hope that helps,

Ken.

AVONHKMFITTED.jpg

OHH black on blue and looks good too!

SDG tall seat, proper springs, adjust rear for minimal sag, and I think that's about all you can do.........why do you need it taller?

How do i adjust the rear spring for minimal sag? And also, if i de-compress the spring for extra height, does this not just make it easier to compress and it will end up in the same position when i get on the bike anyway. I'm newto this so forgive me if i'm asking stupid questions:bonk:

How do i adjust the rear spring for minimal sag? And also, if i de-compress the spring for extra height, does this not just make it easier to compress and it will end up in the same position when i get on the bike anyway. I'm newto this so forgive me if i'm asking stupid questions:bonk:

you would compress the spring for increased ride height, which will also reduce sag. you don't just want to go & crank down on the adjuster without checking race & static sag - as it may result in odd handling.

there is also a minimum spring length in the compressed position - see manual.

i thought i read here that the ohlins shock increases ride height.