KX 85 Front brake will not engage

My daughter accidentally knocked her KX 85 over, and it fell hard right on the front brake lever. The lever was bent pretty bad, and the front brake itself quit working, so I ordered a new one hoping that was the problem. The lever made no difference at all, even after trying every adjustment possible.

When you pump the lever, it acts like it wants to engage every once in a while (every 20 pulls or so), but it barely even grabs when it does. Most of the time it does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My daughter accidentally knocked her KX 85 over, and it fell hard right on the front brake lever. The lever was bent pretty bad, and the front brake itself quit working, so I ordered a new one hoping that was the problem. The lever made no difference at all, even after trying every adjustment possible.

When you pump the lever, it acts like it wants to engage every once in a while (every 20 pulls or so), but it barely even grabs when it does. Most of the time it does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sounds like air got in the system, or something is leaking, check for leaks, make sure the bleeder isnt leaking, and bleed the brake

yep, bleed it

Thanks guys. I will read up on how to bleed the brake and let you know how it goes.

Put a set of handlebar guards on it to prevent broken levers and busted hydraulics (they really are cheap insurance)

I started putting them on ALL my bikes 20 yrs ago and have not broken another perch or lever since. It also doesnt ruin a ride when it happens.