Salt Lake City SX 2009 Predictions, Discussion and Results *SPOILERS*

Not that it really matters anymore, but what the hell? The season is technically not over yet:

450F:

250F:

Track: (looks like it could be interesting, especially if it is messy)

http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/saltlakecity.html

Weather forecast: (Still several days away, but it looks like we may have a mudder on our hands)

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USUT0225?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Of course it still matters! Mud could be on the way. Stewart needs to win to really squash Reed's hopes while Reed can't let that happen. This is what we all have been waiting to see!!! Everyone knows Stewart will hang it on the line. What we don't know is what happens if Reed also goes for broke!! He must win this race to force Vegas to really matter!! Reed has done exactly what he needs to all season and now it is time to let it all hang out. What does he have to lose...nothing! If he crashes out, he still will finish second in the championship!!

Never guessed on outcomes so I won't start now, but if it becomes muddy...who knows!!!

Of course it still matters! Mud could be on the way. Stewart needs to win to really squash Reed's hopes while Reed can't let that happen. This is what we all have been waiting to see!!! Everyone knows Stewart will hang it on the line. What we don't know is what happens if Reed also goes for broke!! He must win this race to force Vegas to really matter!! Reed has done exactly what he needs to all season and now it is time to let it all hang out. What does he have to lose...nothing! If he crashes out, he still will finish second in the championship!!

Never guessed on outcomes so I won't start now, but if it becomes muddy...who knows!!!

+1 ? Will Reed be able to race with that stomach thing that has cost him 15 lbs since St Louis? pppphhhttt ?? Question is WILL Reed go for broke, if he has to? If he does will he be able to hang with Stewart? Will Stewart ride another smart race? Gonna be good!?

+1 ? Will Reed be able to race with that stomach thing that has cost him 15 lbs since St Louis? pppphhhttt ?? Question is WILL Reed go for broke, if he has to? If he does will he be able to hang with Stewart? Will Stewart ride another smart race? Gonna be good!?

I'm with you - this should be exciting. If I didn't think my wife would kill me, I might even get a plane ticket and go watch for myself!!!

It ain't over til the fat lady sings. There are a lot of laps left and Stewart needs to win 1 race and come in 2nd the other and Reed needs to win them both. I'm feeling a little better now that Stewart doesn't have to be perfect from here on out, but only just. But now Reed needs to be perfect, assuming 2nd place finishes from Stewart. And with RV coming on strong, he's not going to make it easy on them to keep their 1 & 2 spots, I wouldn't be surprised if RV might be a spoiler of sorts.

Reed will not give up. Did you see the interview then did on the TV coverage? Reed said he wants to shut up the critics and he feels like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. You can't just say something like that and not come through, so I have a feeling he is going to put it all on the table now, with nothing to lose. I think it may get a lot more physical in these next two races than we've seen all year.

I have a feeling he is going to put it all on the table now, with nothing to lose. I think it may get a lot more physical in these next two races than we've seen all year.

I have to agree with that. I haven't seen Reed lay it out on the line all year, but with nothing to loose, and alot to gain, this could be the week for it. I'm just wondering if Stewart will do the same thing. Can't wait for Saturday!

I have to agree with that. I haven't seen Reed lay it out on the line all year, but with nothing to loose, and alot to gain, this could be the week for it. I'm just wondering if Stewart will do the same thing. Can't wait for Saturday!

I'm still on the edge of my seat in this thing. No foregone conclusions here. Reed won't just roll over now. Just the opposite.

Damn... you guys are getting this earlier and earlier.

Maybe we should just post the LV one now too.

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Anything can happen if its a mud race but I'll take Steward to finish in front of Reed any day.

Nothings changed......these threads start on Monday.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings. There are a lot of laps left and Stewart needs to win 1 race and come in 2nd the other and Reed needs to win them both. I'm feeling a little better now that Stewart doesn't have to be perfect from here on out, but only just. But now Reed needs to be perfect, assuming 2nd place finishes from Stewart. And with RV coming on strong, he's not going to make it easy on them to keep their 1 & 2 spots, I wouldn't be surprised if RV might be a spoiler of sorts.

Reed will not give up. Did you see the interview then did on the TV coverage? Reed said he wants to shut up the critics and he feels like he doesn't get the credit he deserves. You can't just say something like that and not come through, so I have a feeling he is going to put it all on the table now, with nothing to lose. I think it may get a lot more physical in these next two races than we've seen all year.

I sure did and then saw him proceed to finish 7th and take forever to come thru the pack. Maybe that was Karma.......

I think that a mud race will be interesting. Both are very good in the mud. But the increased risk factor will make it interesting, especially the starts. Look for Chad to take the gate pick directly to the inside of Stewart to try to run him wide on that first turn.

If RV wants this win badly, then I think that James will let him have it. Chad, however, will have to battle and go for maximum points victory. Chad MUST get at least a three point advantage, to win the series.

Chad needs to win, James only needs to beat Chad

Don't be surprised if Villopoto starts pressing Reed and Stewart now. He got a taste of what he can do in Seattle and that is a huge confidence booster. It took Stewart five laps to get around Millsaps and once he did he still was not picking up ground on RV. Maybe he figured that he didn't need to push it since Reed was so far back, but the fact remains that RV was smooth and fast.

Don't be surprised if Villopoto starts pressing Reed and Stewart now. He got a taste of what he can do in Seattle and that is a huge confidence booster. It took Stewart five laps to get around Millsaps and once he did he still was not picking up ground on RV. Maybe he figured that he didn't need to push it since Reed was so far back, but the fact remains that RV was smooth and fast.

Was it that long? I am guessing he didn't push it but then again we will never know for sure. Sure is fun speculating tho.

Give it a rest. RV won't be pushing JS or even CR for a few more years. I know you're pumped and all with RV winning, but calm down, take a deep breath and come back down to earth.

Give it a rest. RV won't be pushing JS or even CR for a few more years. I know you're pumped and all with RV winning, but calm down, take a deep breath and come back down to earth.

Never know but I don't see that happening anytime soon either. Some guys are saying that RV will take JS in outdoors this year too, if he races anyway. ?