Sign in to follow this  

2003 klx ce removal

My 2003 klx runs very good right now. I have performed the required jetting that Mr. Sisneros was so kind to give me. The snorkel has been taken off and the bike runs much better than it ever has. I also had to remove the coast enrichener after jetting because it was giving me nothing but trouble. My question is, since the bike runs so good now, should I still replace the stock 60 air jet with a 100 due to the ce removal?

I yanked mine too. Just ran a vacuum hose between the two ports.Been running it like that for two years.Bike runs great.

My 2003 klx runs very good right now. I have performed the required jetting that Mr. Sisneros was so kind to give me. The snorkel has been taken off and the bike runs much better than it ever has. I also had to remove the coast enrichener after jetting because it was giving me nothing but trouble. My question is, since the bike runs so good now, should I still replace the stock 60 air jet with a 100 due to the ce removal?

what method did you use?

When I removed the ce, I plugged both ports. I did not connect them.

it way to rich at idle right now.you have no control with the fuel screw.

the quick solution is just to connect the nipples.

Thank you your reply. I will connect them. Will I notice any improvements?

bman - It should not even run at idle with the 90 nipple jet plugged. That is a test to see if the CE is working. Yes you will notice an improvement or there is something else wrong we do not know about allowing it to run. When you removed the CE, you plugged 3 nipples, right? (1 on the head and 2 on the carb) If the 60 jet is replaced with a 100, you can plug all 3 nipples. If the 60 jet is in place, the 2 nipples on carb need to be connected with a hose.

All 3 nipples are plugged off. It starts and runs great. I even had a friend of mine ride when we were in Moab earlier this year. He owns a stock 04 DRZe and he couldn't believe how much stronger my bike ran than his (could be that I have the FCR). From the information I've gathered, I would gain the adjustability of the fuel screw by connecting the nipples on the carb. Thank you for the responses.

Yesterday, i asked for my mechanic to remove the CE, connect the 2 nipples and plug the third on the head, but he did something different! He just blocked the hose from the head without any other change, i did a short ride and nothing wrong. Is this a third method or it's wrong? Of course with the first chance i'll remove the CE as there is no reason to be there.

not a 3rd method.he just did half the job. all he did was remove the vacuum source.

when you actually remove it you will need to connect the nipples.

Thanks Eddie and BTW i am going to PM you soon for your spacer