husky wr250 1999 fouling plugs? Help!

Its a husky wr250 2 stroke and keeps fouling plugs after 20 min of riding.

Where should my jets be set at? Maybe a bad top end, what should the compression be?

It will go on a new plug for 20min then foul.

Matt

You are going to need to post more info to get help .

What altitude do you ride at ?

What plugs are you using ?

What kind of riding do you do ? technical ?, fast ?, mx ?

When last did you do the top end ?

whats your stator output ?

what mix are you running - 40:1 ?

what oil are you using ?

as already stated . . .

what plug are you using ?

last top end rebuild ?

what jetting do you have now ?

cheers

well my freind posted this. iv riden the bike befor.

Trail/field riding not mx or high rps more lower rpms. Hasent had a top end in years wich i told him it needs.

What is a good hot trail plug? And where are the carb nedles suposed to be.

And he runs 40:1

Im trying to help him figure out the problem so we can ride.

He has no manual and dont know what the carb settings should be.

Matt

Jets should be around 370-410main 59 or 60 needle clip position depends on seat of the pants test, 30-35 pilot. The best way for us to help you is to have the current carb settings and your description of how the bike feels in each circuit. You should also do a compression test.

Time for a teardown and rebuild.

great. its not my bike its my friend who is int a mechanic and had no money... Here's the only one around here to ride with.

DO you know where to get a top and rebuild kit with gaskets and piston and rings. It hasn't been rebuilt in 5 years, so will it need to be over sized or you think a good honing and new rings and piston.

Matt

A common cause for the malady you're describing is a bad spark plug cap. My '00 WR250 did exactly the same as you're describing. It would quit running in a short time with a new plug. When I pulled the plug out, it would be dry and look good but wouldn't fire anymore. Put in a new plug........runs great for 20 mi. or so until sputtering to a stop. I changed the cap to a non-resistor NGK and problem solved. Has never done that since. I've done the same for my '07 WR250 and WR125 and consider it a must-do for Husky smokers.

Good Luck.......

A common cause for the malady you're describing is a bad spark plug cap. My '00 WR250 did exactly the same as you're describing. It would quit running in a short time with a new plug. When I pulled the plug out, it would be dry and look good but wouldn't fire anymore. Put in a new plug........runs great for 20 mi. or so until sputtering to a stop. I changed the cap to a non-resistor NGK and problem solved. Has never done that since. I've done the same for my '07 WR250 and WR125 and consider it a must-do for Husky smokers.

Good Luck.......

good place to start. Thanks

Matt