exhaust

I have the White Bros E-Series. This is the "supertrap" type. The benefit here, is that you can adjust the loudness. I run with 12 discs, which is optimum for performance, but very loud, louder than a stock YZf. I like loud though ?

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

I too have a white bros R4 and love it...to make a long story short...we dynoed the R4 pipe verses the e series and the R4 won hands down on a 01 YZ426! It also is louder than the e series but loud is good when you are going through lapped riders in a race hehe!

P.S. I think the 4 strokes piss the 2 smokers off just a little bit ?

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

• 7 years later...

A 99 zy should be the same as a 2000 wr. I use the FMF Q on mine. It's a bit long, probably very slight performance loss comparred to the others, but it's certainly the most quiet of the bunch. Also, in some past posts there has been discussion that an exhaust from a 03-06 wr will fit a 02 and older wr. Frostbite confirmed this. I tried a DMC exhaust from my friends, brother's bike(06 wr) and it fit pretty well, but the mid pipe was really close to the bottom of the shock reservoir. I think this may be because the silence was just built that way. My friend said that it was really close on his bros. bike as well. Bolt holes did line up though.I would love to put a fmf q4 on my bike if I knew for certain that it would fit. I need to experiment with a cheap, stock 03-06 wr silencer.