Sign in to follow this  

WISECO SS Valves with Stock Springs

Has anybody used this combo? Its time to replace the valves/springs in my ride but the $220 spring kit is a bit too pricey for me. My concern is that the stock springs in a 06 crf450 were designed for Ti valves and not the S.S. valves. Will this be a problem?

I'm not set on WISECO valves so if you have any brand recommendations I would like to hear them! Thanks!

Do not use stock intake springs with steel intake valves. They will float very easily and jack hammer your seats.

Do not use stock intake springs with steel intake valves. They will float very easily and jack hammer your seats.

+1

I just rebuilt my crf 450 top end... damn I learnt a lot.

stock in honda are TI valves and Ti appropriate springs. SS valves are heavier. those stock TI springs are not stiff/strong enough for the SS valves. you will cause major damage by running them like that. if you get new valves, dont cheap out. get new appropriate springs or it will cost you a lot more in the long run.

SS valves are the way to go though, even if its costly for the new springs, totally worth it. I spent about 300-350$ CAD on stock TI valves and TI springs... not quite worth it, I should have chosen SS for 50-100$ more and gotten twice the life outta them.

You guys are correct. However we are working at putting together steel valves and heavier spring kits to offer as replacements for OEM Ti valve applications. Stay tuned for more information!

You guys are correct. However we are working at putting together steel valves and heavier spring kits to offer as replacements for OEM Ti valve applications. Stay tuned for more information!

Have Jeff Clarkin call me. I can fix you guys up with the springs and retainers, and you can sell them as Wisecos.

Just tell him to call Jay @ APE