08 CRF450 suspension set up

Hi folks. I just got my CRF and was wondering where to start with suspension settings. What should the sag be set at how many clicks of rebound and compression on the rear and the fork? My wieght is about 190lbs and my skill level would be at an intermediate. I ride mostly moto, but I also play in the woods. Where should I start any help would be appreciated.

This is MXA's test results for the stock 450 setup-

Forks

Comp- 6 out

Reb. 6 out

Forks flush with the top clamps

Lower oil ht. 10cc's to help with midstroke harshness

Shock

HS- 2 turns out

LS- 10 clicks out

Reb- 10 out

Sag- between 100 and 104

At your bodyweight, and at your level, you definitely need .49 springs for the front, and at the very least change the midvalve springs out to a softer ones- Shockdoc helped me out here!:excuseme:

Any more questions, let me know- I'm here in Ontario and attend most of the local races.

Adam

1" race sag i believe is recommended...and the clickers depend on what you like in for "firm" out for "soft"

Umm....I think you meant free sag.. Race sag should be around 100-104mm...

Adam:thumbsup:

Thanks for the help folks. Hey Adam where in Ontario do you live and what classes do you race? I'm in Orangeville, I use to do the CMRC and a bit of the CMX. But not so much anymore, wife and kids you know. But I still try to ride at least once a week now. Anyway thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks for the help folks. Hey Adam where in Ontario do you live and what classes do you race? I'm in Orangeville, I use to do the CMRC and a bit of the CMX. But not so much anymore, wife and kids you know. But I still try to ride at least once a week now. Anyway thanks again for the feedback.

Hey bags-

I live in Cobourg, about 45 minutes east of T.O. I rode the CMRC for a couple seasons...vet jr. mainly. Raced mostly just local stuff, LDR club, never tried the CMX. Was never overly fast, found I was better working on the bikes...lmao