Reed's start

I think Reed got a bad start on purpose. It's just like Reed said in the post race interveiw: "I needed to win and he needed to finish 4th or worse, and we all know thats not gonna happen".

Reed could have easily won that race but it would have done him NO good!

The only option he had was to start behind Bubba and try to pressure him into a mistake - he realized after tailing him for a couple laps that it was'nt going to work. He then put a semi - rough pass on an already shaky,nervous Bubba and rode on.

• Like 1

ya, Reed knew Bubba would be nervous about payback after SLC, so just sit behind him and make him wonder and possibly make a mistake big enough to stall the bike - we all know how well those Yamahas start.

ya, Reed knew Bubba would be nervous about payback after SLC, so just sit behind him and make him wonder and possibly make a mistake big enough to stall the bike - we all know how well those Yamahas start.

and don't forget that those POS YAMAHAs have BOGGED,all the way to the last 2 SX titles...

glenn

Enough already. Stewart, Team San Man, Reed, Team Suzuki, and the AMA are not in on some big conspiracy. Reed got a bad start which is consistent with the majority of his starts this year. That's it. Why are there 50 threads about this? Stewart won, Reed lost. theres nothing else to it.

Enough already. Stewart, Team San Man, Reed, Team Suzuki, and the AMA are not in on some big conspiracy. Reed got a bad start which is consistent with the majority of his starts this year. That's it. Why are there 50 threads about this? Stewart won, Reed lost. theres nothing else to it.

The only thing is that Reed was complaining about the clutch on the Suzuki. That's one reason why there are 50 threads on this.

I agree with the rest of your post:thumbsup:

Exactly!

The only ones that think Reed can actually pressure Stewart into a mistake are Reed and Reed fans.

Not sure why there is any controversy over the championship, even when Stewart was waaaay behind in points it was obvious that Reed had nothing for him and Stewie was riding to win the championship.

Exactly!

The only ones that think Reed can actually pressure Stewart into a mistake are Reed and Reed fans.

Not sure why there is any controversy over the championship, even when Stewart was waaaay behind in points it was obvious that Reed had nothing for him and Stewie was riding to win the championship.

I'm a reed fan. Don't mean I can't be objective.

Agreed. His only strategy would have been to force Stewart to race with him and cause him to crash. He had to start behind him.

Regardless of his starts the Suzuki clutch is not the problem just ask Alessi.

There's very little about reeds clutch and it was a very minor issue. That's not why there's 50 threads about vegas. Just because reed and alessi are on the same team doesn't mean they prefer the same setup.

Besides, if it was reeds strategy to pressure Stewart by blowingthe start to get behind him, he would have started a little closer than 9th. Commonn sense. No secret strategies or conspiracies.

I'm a reed fan. Don't mean I can't be objective.

There's very little about reeds clutch and it was a very minor issue. That's not why there's 50 threads about vegas. Just because reed and alessi are on the same team doesn't mean they prefer the same setup.

Besides, if it was reeds strategy to pressure Stewart by blowingthe start to get behind him, he would have started a little closer than 9th. Commonn sense. No secret strategies or conspiracies.

If CR had gotten the holeshot then Stewart would have no pressure and could cruise around and get 3rd. With Chad behind him then he had to worry about him. Did you notice how JS got really nervous when Chad was closing up on him and made a bunch of mistakes? He even pulled over to let him by but Chad didn't want to pass him. Chad knew his only hope was to cause JS into an error. This is not a big conspiracy just race tactics for the championship. He even admitted that was his only hope in the post race interview was to force James into an error.

If not then Chad should have taken Alessi’s setup advice then because holeshots caused him a number of wins early in the year and ultimately the championship. I think he would have run the same setup since because in every interview he stated how badly he needed to improve his starts. It was his achilles' heel.

He didn't blow the start on purpose. Race "strategy" changed because of the bad start.

The clutch thing is made too big a deal of. As if we know whats a better setup than multi-million dollar race teams? No one here has the info needed to assess whether his clutch setup was wrong. Just because he had trouble with it don't mean anything. Maybe he did have Alessi's setup. You don't know, I don't know. So why assume you do or pretend to give advice on it like thats what they should have done?

imo i think j.s could have just raced like any other weekend and chad wouldnt have been able to get close enough to put the pressure on him or try and run him of the track its shaddy but if i was in chads boots i would have tried the same thing after all the sx title isnt a small purse to win BIG $$$

He didn't blow the start on purpose. Race "strategy" changed because of the bad start.

The clutch thing is made too big a deal of. As if we know whats a better setup than multi-million dollar race teams? No one here has the info needed to assess whether his clutch setup was wrong. Just because he had trouble with it don't mean anything. Maybe he did have Alessi's setup. You don't know, I don't know. So why assume you do or pretend to give advice on it like thats what they should have done?

I am just giving my opinion like everyone else on this board including you. The only person who knows the actual truth is CR. My point was getting a holeshot and checking out just allows JS to cruise around and get 3rd with no real pressure. JS is the fastest guy out there and getting 3rd for him is like going practice speed. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.

JBS has a tendency to crash, even he knows it, and that is why he didn't race like any other weekend.

he has a bigger tendency to win races. I don't think he crashes much more than any other rider except Chad.

He had an open threat from Chad out there. There was lot to be worried about. I think Chad clearly demonstrated that he is willing to take James out, or at least help him fall.

Smart tactic by Chad. Even smarter tactic by James.

Never thought of it that way. If so, that was the best case scenerio for Reed... Well put.

No wonder Reed didn't pass Stewart the 1st time Stewart tried to let him.

this is what many do not get why the salt lake race was so important and Chislom getting in the mix had a huge affect on the out come , not taking anything from James he won fair , but if chislom does not get in the way and reed wins then stewart would have been forced to win in vegas and so would have reed we would have had a real race then

I am just giving my opinion like everyone else on this board including you. The only person who knows the actual truth is CR. My point was getting a holeshot and checking out just allows JS to cruise around and get 3rd with no real pressure. JS is the fastest guy out there and getting 3rd for him is like going practice speed. That is my theory and I am sticking to it.

its hard to find real brains that can figure things out and see the real stories on this forum , many are just not able