big bore, is it good for engine?

what brand of gasket is shipped with wiseco 290bb - is gasket any better than Athena?

the kit i got off e-bay came with an cometic gasket set and a magnum cylinder. i did not use the gasket that came with it i used an athen kit that i had. i read here that the cometic haed gasket where blowning and i never had a problem with the athen i ran .

the kit i got off e-bay came with an cometic gasket set and a magnum cylinder. i did not use the gasket that came with it i used an athen kit that i had. i read here that the cometic haed gasket where blowning and i never had a problem with the athen i ran .

i've never heard of a magnum cylinder and a google search turns up nothing. i found the kit still selling online. seems pretty cheap, kind of scary. wiseco has the complete kit now too, but they want close to 900

I realize that this is an old thread and I don't have a Yamaha, however my two year old KTM HTR 350 XCF-W just turned 4,800 miles (230 hrs) on the original untouched BB engine and is still running just as strong as ever. During this time, the valve clearances have never needed adjustment and are still within spec.