Sign in to follow this  

07 cr250

I bought mine right off the show room floor and ever since i've owned it I can't get the jetting right. i've dropped the needle and changed both the pilot and main jets and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem ,cause im seriously about to go buy a new yz250... maybe it's a good excuse to buy the yz? lol

JD jet kit. :excuseme:

Don't sell the bike because of a jetting issue. Watch this video. This is Brett Cue ripping up the track on a properly tuned CR250. I will never sell my CR, I love this bike.

+1 on the JD jet kit. I got one and it was spot on. Being I had a cr250 I did have to call JD and get them to send me a needle seat that doesn't come with the kit. I'm not sure if your year needs it but you may want to call them. They were very helpful on the phone and had me one the next day.

Also what is your bike doing? They ship them rich.

yeah my 03' has horrible off idle bog.. like its loading up, Ive done so much work to it clip position, jets, air/fuel, nothing im in the same boat

http://www.carbparts.com/

Most CR guys in my area swear by just putting the Mikuni in the garbage can and putting on a pre-jetted Keihin from these guys. Jetting problems solved.

Keihins need to be jetted too. I'd love to have half the money that has been wasted on Keihin carbs since 2001.