Hit the kill switch when riding...loud bang and flames

Went for a ride and hit the kill switch and then hit it again while on throttle, loud loud gun shot bang and flames...does this hurt the bike at all. As I understand I am just reigniting the unburnt fumes in the exhuast...thought I should ask before I get tempted to do it again while going by a field of cows.

I had an 1981 Datsun truck that would do that. I had it so perfected that I could see some one ahead and turn the igniton off while leaving it in third or fourth. Right as I passed them I would light that baby off. Kaboom!!!!!! some people would duck down like a bomb just went off. Ha Ha, However, it is not good for the exhaust system.

Is that haknslash from superhawkforum.com ? Wow what a small bike world. I used to intentionally shut the bike down on my old superhawk. It shot 1-2 foot flames. Bad idea. Id guess it burns the exhaust valve a bit.

It should not hurt your bike if that was accidental. I would not recommend doing it all the time. But it sounds very similar to what is called a plug chop.

Well, if you consider destroying a muffler not harming the bike....

A plug chop is when you are running at high speed, you kill the engine, clutch in. The idea being to get engine conditions via the plug. No longer a valid test as modern pump fuels make almost all plugs look the same no matter tha jetting. You do not switch the engine back on, enabling a pool of fuel in the exhaust to explode......

I was curious about this as well....I do the killswitch blip sometimes when someone really deserves a good wakeup call, it's the greatest thing. I don't see how it could hurt the bike too bad, but since I'm not 100% on that I do it very rarely, sometimes the temptation is too much.

Earlier today actually was one of those times, three 12yr old-ish kids were trying to cross the 35 mph road into my development as I was thumpin' down it coming home, when one of them decided to impress his friends and walk almost right in front of my path. He was right on the side of my lane when I passed him and flipped the killswitch with the rpms up somewhere in the middle of 3rd. Man that kid jumped straight up like a cat, both he and his smarter friends on the sidewalk shrieked like girls...hopefully going deaf will teach him not to play in traffic like a little jerk.

I was curious about this as well....I do the killswitch blip sometimes when someone really deserves a good wakeup call, it's the greatest thing. I don't see how it could hurt the bike too bad, but since I'm not 100% on that I do it very rarely, sometimes the temptation is too much.

Earlier today actually was one of those times, three 12yr old-ish kids were trying to cross the 35 mph road into my development as I was thumpin' down it coming home, when one of them decided to impress his friends and walk almost right in front of my path. He was right on the side of my lane when I passed him and flipped the killswitch with the rpms up somewhere in the middle of 3rd. Man that kid jumped straight up like a cat, both he and his smarter friends on the sidewalk shrieked like girls...hopefully going deaf will teach him not to play in traffic like a little jerk.

That is classic! Probably had to go home for clean shorts!

Is that haknslash from superhawkforum.com ? Wow what a small bike world. I used to intentionally shut the bike down on my old superhawk. It shot 1-2 foot flames. Bad idea. Id guess it burns the exhaust valve a bit.

Yep it is me. :excuseme:

Living in San Diego, we have TONS of the spandex wearing touring bicyclists. I have to admit, they annoy the crap out of me. I call them "spandex fags". Well, I normally don't mess with them UNLESS they are riding outside of the bicycle lane. Most of these idiots do this all the time so whenever I see one of them doing it, POW!!!! The ignition chop. It scares the crap out of them!

For the record, I ONLY do it when they are out of the lane, not when they are in it.

Living in San Diego, we have TONS of the spandex wearing touring bicyclists. I have to admit, they annoy the crap out of me. I call them "spandex fags". Well, I normally don't mess with them UNLESS they are riding outside of the bicycle lane. Most of these idiots do this all the time so whenever I see one of them doing it, POW!!!! The ignition chop. It scares the crap out of them!

For the record, I ONLY do it when they are out of the lane, not when they are in it.

Hilarious! And one hell of a "POW" it is when done just right.

Hilarious! And one hell of a "POW" it is when done just right.

I've found that when you're cruising in 4th, just slightly get on the gas and then hit the kill switch. KA-POW! Almost sounds like my G-17 9mm :excuseme:

I admit, my muffler could use a re-pack probably due from this, but at the same time, for a Yoshi RS-2, it sounds almost identical to a MRD, lol.

My MRD/SSW sometimes backfires on startup...E cams with D-comp cut off...wow loud. I am going to test this and see if I can terrorize some inconsiderate people on special occasions. Only when the deserve it though.

My MRD/SSW sometimes backfires on startup...E cams with D-comp cut off...wow loud. I am going to test this and see if I can terrorize some inconsiderate people on special occasions. Only when the deserve it though.

Careful...it's totally addicting! My friend was doing it when we were at Moto GP at Laguna Seca. We were cruising through the campgrounds, had some friends camping down the way from us. Every time we passed them, he did it scaring the crap out of our buddy and his wife.

Also, at night time it shoots out a blue flame!

Sure ya do:p I bet you do it to people with cell phones too :excuseme:

So does this mean your going to do this when we ride past the golfers??? ?