Air Filters: To oil or not to oil...that is the question!

Hmmm...where to start.

I said that this fellow is a local MX pro and a mechanic, currently ranked #2 in the region. Surely you don't think that he is ranked #2 as a mechanic??? I would have thought the "MX pro" reference was sufficient...:doh:

Yes you can do it, but you'd better have deep pockets to rebuild your engine on a regular basis.

Why would someone do that, well I guess he's thinking the oil in the filter is restrictive and is hoping for better throttle response.

You should tell him that the oil in the crankcase/trans. is restrictive as well, and he'd get better performance if he ran without engine oil.

+1?

Always oil it, better both sides.:doh: Maybe, it is the cheapest thing you can do to keep your motor ok.:snore:

It is a good thing he does not recommend racing without oil in the motor....:snore:

Now that's bad advice!! ?

You should always run 2x the amount they say to use because if you have more oil common sense would tell you it's twice as safe! :doh:

Not sure but talking about oil inside/outside....just put the clean filter in a large ziploc bag, add oil, squish around and your done!!