09vs08, 450vs510, tc or txc ? newb help

Few questions for the faithful. Looking at a new Husky and not really up to speed on the modern ones. 6'2" 235 46yr old vet nov/int level mxer, only race vintage or evo these days on '82 Husky 500 / '83 Husky 250 / '83 Honda CR480. Looking for one to ride with my friends and to practice on between vintage races but as time is scarce (son's baseball) these days really don't ride much anymore but the new Husky is calling my name and will be on mx track 95% of the time. Whats the main differences between the '08 and '09 ? What is better suited for my needs the 450 or 510 ? I've seen a few '08 TC510 with e-start and have to admit the little red button sure is nice and have to say bud loves his on his KTM450SX and when it's 105 in summer here any bit helps. Does the e-start add that much weight ? I could see at pro-level racing but for a spode does it matter ? My current practice bike is a Honda CR500. Thanks to this forum and everyones input and help. Ride safe----Rhett

08 and 09 are very similar. 09 turns a little better and is slightly upgraded. The 450 TXC is a VERY versatile do it all bike that works great on an MX track. If you want big bottom and rip your arms off (make you tired) power get the TXC 510. The TXC transmission ratios make it a MUCH more versatile bike than the TC IMHO.

I am your age & size, 47, 6'3" 245lbs, and ride the same bikes as you do. I have an '83 CR480 and an '86 Husky 500 and love the big two stroke power so I bought an '06 TC510 that was kick start only. I only took it out three times before realizing I should have bought the e-start model. Trust me, the TC510 is alot harder to kickstart than any open class two stroke I have ever kicked over. You've got to have the procedure down pat, and you need to have a milkcrate or something similar to stand on to get the leverage and have the kick be hard enough to get it going. Try looking for something to stand on while on a trail, or out in the desert if you stall or have to shut the bike off.

I ordered an electric start kit from Heinen's and it is worth every penny. The bike starts immediately whether it's cold or hot. I know it may have added a few pounds but I can't tell when I'm riding it. Plus, when it's hot and/or you're tired, that magic button is like gold. If I was you, I'd go with the 510, it's got arm ripping power and great top speed. Whatever Husky you decide on, get the e-start. :excuseme:

Get The 09 TXC 510 I just did and I LOVE it. Get the TXC for sure and you get e-start with a kick start back up. It adds about 8 lbs. (more than worth it). My Husky is very well balanced and feels way lighter than the claimed weight. The motor is so strong and smooth it won't tire you out, I am 50 myself. My son rides a 08 KTM 450SX and it's a nice bike, very fast, but not as much off the bottom grunt, and the front is a little twitchy at high speeds for me. The Husky IMO is a much easier bike to ride than my 07 Honda 450R or my son's KTM. I have had a few bikes in my time and ridden quite a few others and hands down this is my favorite bike by far. Rhett get the Husky 450/510 TXC and you will be a very happy man, I know I am. Also you know they look the best and are calling you so just do it. Good luck and looking into a new bike is fun aint it?

Thanks guys for all the help, still can't decide if the 450 or 510 would best suit my needs (95%) one thing is for sure either way I'm getting the little red magic button as have seen some TC's with it added on.

rhett....i have done some gncc's with my 09 450txc and it was great..better than my ktms(xc and exc)....i am doing a LL qualifier this weekend and will let u know how it does racing on an MX track....but i will not own another 4 stroke without the button!

I just purchased an 06 TE510 and in only a few days I am wondering how I ever lived without electric start. I used to be a weight freak and laughed at people with e-starts. Awesome, and I love this bike

Thanks guys for all the help, still can't decide if the 450 or 510 would best suit my needs (95%) one thing is for sure either way I'm getting the little red magic button as have seen some TC's with it added on.

oops meant to say 95% of time on mx track