Sign in to follow this  

Delle Riders BWare

That sucks but it is only going to get worse...

As to getting away forget about it. Like I said they came out of nowhere. It was on the east side and in a tight wash. It was about a hundred feet from the boundary. Needless to say I learned my lesson. Just needed a day to blow off some steam and had put off the registration a wee bit too long. Guess the big picture is that theres lots of place to ride around Delle and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If you were on the east side of the road you were out of the wilderness, maybe they knew you had just came from the west side? If they busted you in the tight wash on the west side of the road then they were in the wilderness too. I think the road is the boundary.

Well I appreciate the heads up. Our family went out to Delle last Saturday and I went prepared. I finally found the WSA map indicating which trails are open. It is NOT on the BLM OHV website but it is on their WSA page.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/salt_lake_fo/special_areas/cedar_mountains_wilderness.Par.96436.File.dat/Cedar_Provisional032307.pdf

We noticed that the road along the northern border of the WSA on the west side of the ridge is marked closed. The map says it should be open, but it was posted as closed.

We rode the fun canyon trail (that is open) just north of Hastings Pass. We ate lunch up on top and I almost got stung by a scorpion. Luckily my friend spotted it and warned me. So there is another heads up for everyone riding out there.

Riding in a Wilderness area is a major no-no, you're lucky it wasn't a bigger fine or they didn't impound your bike. Some of the Wilderness areas in Colorado require your horse to wear a diaper so they don't even crap in the woods.

I can pretty much assume that everybody here votes. Please vote if you don't. Look at what the current congress and administration is pushing through. Red rocks wilderness bill, Northern Rockies Ecosystem Restoration something or other. We need Senators and Congressmen that are anti wilderness and pro conservation.

Regards,

Thomas