Anyone else going broke from the DMV?

Man, it finally hit home to me today as I paid DMV taxes on a new cheapo used car, got my truck renewal and got 4 dirtbike green sticker registrations. I just paid 3 plated dual sport registrations with requisite insurance 2 weeks ago. This is completely off the hook. What the $$$$ are they doing with all this money????

When did riding a dirt bike become a rich man's sport........:snore::doh:?

Anyone forgoing paying their greenstickers???

I usually don't like to talk politics, but I had to give my 2 cents on this one. I know how you feel. We "the people" need to start electing qualified people to run and represent our country and states. California is in a $40 billion deficit. I think your going to be feeling it for quiet some time.

Yah, it totally sucks your money right out of your wallet. Get this, They, the state is trying to sale the Orange County Fairgrounds. Speedway every Saturday night is on again, this year..."NO FREE PARKING" what a bunch of S H I T! So its 10 bucks to park (special event) 20 bucks for adults 15 bucks for juniors and 10 bucks for kids 3 to 12. (5 bucks less for non special event, but still.) Since when should a parent of a 3 to 6 year old that falls a sleep half way through his/her cotton candy have to pay any admission. Bill P., THIS STATE SUCKS THE BIG PICKLE.

4 bikes, 3 quads, two trailers 4 cars. This is bogus. Dont be surprised if you see me on a corner with a sign, WORK FOR REGISTRATION FEES.

Just goes to show you, nice guys finish last and crime does pay!

Don't even get me started. 5 green, 3 plated bikes. 6 vehicles, two trailers. :doh: I will be on the other street corner with a sign that says, "all I need is 5 more dollars to move back to Mexico". I will be a rich man in no time. :snore:

I am not from/or Mexican, but people have said I look it. (kind of like a white one I guess.)

WTH is wrong with these politicians??? They double the dmv taxes, raise sales tax to almost 10%, try to jam a bunch of new taxes down our throats with lies, after lies after lies, and then, Arnie has the gall to tell us we're STILL going to be Billions in debt if we don't bend over and spread....

OK, so first we'll start with cutting teachers and schools. How about that?? Huh? Californians not willing to pony up?? OK then, cut police. That will get scary right??? Now will you pony up more cash? No???? OK, then firemen. We'll have to cut fire response in this freaking tinderbox called CA. OK then, NOW are you willing to pay up??? No???? Well, don't expect us to cut our pork damnit!!!!!

:doh::snore:

I say stick it to the bastages!!!!!!! Let's let CA go completely freaking bankrupt!!!! Let it turn into a real cesspool. Just make sure you get some ammo before it's too expensive or illegal to buy.

Vote NO on all the special measures designed to give politicians more money for their special projects that they wouldn't cut no matter what, while they are more than happy to rape our school system. Screw em, let the state collapse and watch the fireworks!!!!!!

Don't even get me started. 5 green, 3 plated bikes. 6 vehicles, two trailers. :doh: I will be on the other street corner with a sign that says, "all I need is 5 more dollars to move back to Mexico". I will be a rich man in no time. :eek:

I am not from/or Mexican, but people have said I look it. (kind of like a white one I guess.)

I'm mexican, But I dont want to go there. Too bad we couldnt get raises at our jobs to pay for this rediculous cost hike.

Maybe a grant form the state for research on how this is effecting my mind to keep cool around state officials driving around in state provided cars with license plates showing smog exempt.:banana::snore:?

I usually don't like to talk politics, but I had to give my 2 cents on this one. I know how you feel. We "the people" need to start electing qualified people to run and represent our country and states. California is in a $40 billion deficit. I think your going to be feeling it for quiet some time.

You are right about hiring good people to run things. But many people vote for their own needs instead of the needs of the state as a whole. There's also a bunch of people who either don't vote or are too stupid to figure out what they are really voting for. Economy is bad though. No politician can fix it. The economy is on a cycle... it goes up and down, no matter what. It will come back.

Btw...I got hit will all of my dmv stuff at once. 2 cars, 1 rv, 1 street bike, 4 dirtbikes and 2 quads. The offroad stuff was expected, but the fees for the auto's seem higher than I remember.

I am now evaluating whether or not I really need this stuff.

Too bad we couldnt get raises at our jobs to pay for this rediculous cost hike.

Be glad you have a job. :doh::snore: So many people out of work it's scary. I don't think the stats are real. Seems much worse to me. My industry has taken close to fatal hits in the last 5 years due to technology and piracy and is down close to 70%. Now, the bad economy and tax burden is probably enough to put it down for good. Businesses have been flocking out of CA for a decade now. Be prepared for a huge new surge with all the BS that's going on now.

And that means.....

Less business. Which = less jobs which = less tax revenue which = higher taxes which = less money for the liberal politicians to play with which = unhappy politicians which = new things to control needed to make them happy again which = one increasingly screwed up place to live.

How did we get here from green sticker fees??? Oh well, gotta keep laughing... :cool::rant:

?:banana: Ride outlaw!!! :eek:?

Less business. Which = less jobs which = less tax revenue which = higher taxes which = less money for the liberal politicians to play with which = unhappy politicians which = new things to control needed to make them happy again which = one increasingly screwed up place to live.

Hang on Bill, I gotta correct you on this one. "less tax revenue which =". I don't like using the word revenue here. Remember these guys arn't working for money, they're just taking it. They take it from your income, they take it in property taxes, they take it from tangable taxes, Which I think is a bunch of crap, they take it on sales, they take it from you cellphone, t.v, house phone, cars, trucks, capital gains, your bikes, they take it from everywhere. They just take it, they don't actually go out and work for it.

Oh you also said, "Just make sure you get some ammo before it's too expensive or illegal to buy." I think you know this is already happening. I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm about a year ago. Its doubled in price, that is if you can find it.

The Outlaw must ride. The Outlaw doesn't get too ride as much as he used to do to the sagging economy. Registration costs make it even harder for the Outlaw to ride. The Outlaw thinks maybe he can't afford to pay his registration anymore. But the Outlaw must ride. Humm.......what to do....:doh:?:banana::eek:?:cool::rant::lame::mad:

Maybe Outlaw save registration fees and use money to put new tire on bike.:snore:

Hang on Bill, I gotta correct you on this one. "less tax revenue which =". I don't like using the word revenue here. Remember these guys arn't working for money, they're just taking it. They take it from your income, they take it in property taxes, they take it from tangable taxes, Which I think is a bunch of crap, they take it on sales, they take it from you cellphone, t.v, house phone, cars, trucks, capital gains, your bikes, they take it from everywhere. They just take it, they don't actually go out and work for it.

Oh you also said, "Just make sure you get some ammo before it's too expensive or illegal to buy." I think you know this is already happening. I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm about a year ago. Its doubled in price, that is if you can find it.

I don't disagree with you, and yes, ammo is 3-4x's what it used to cost a couple years ago. IF you can get it. Revenue, Taxes, Helping Out, taking It - call it what you like, they're still raping us.....:doh:

You guys are forgetting about traffic tickets. My younger sister and friend both got a failure to completely stop during a right turn on a red light.......$500, thats right $500 and its not like they went through an intersection, they just didnt completely come to a stop before turning. This state and towns/cities are robbing its citizens blind. I think I'm going to move soon, if I can find a job out of town.