2007 WR450 Gas Tank

I'm new to this whole moto thing. Just purchased a 2007 WR450. Does anybody make a replacement 3 gallon tank that's black, uses the WR shrouds and looks fairly stock?

thanks

The Clarke uses the stock shrouds.

I'm with deserthound, I liked the IMS 3.1 tank better than the Clarke, but theres nothing wrong with the Clarke tank, I just like the low profile tank better!!! The Clarke tank has a high filler hole.

Yeah, I got the IMS for the reason of lower profile at the cap.:doh:

I have a clarke and it uses the yz shrouds. I had an ims before the clarke, and it leaked. I also didn't like the way that it fit. It used yz shrouds. The Acerbis tank is the only aftermarket wr tank that I know of that uses wr shrouds.

Strange, their website says it uses the stock shrouds.:doh:

http://www.clarkemfg.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CM&Product_Code=11487&Category_Code=Yamaha+WR-F

I have the Clarke and it DOES use the stock shrouds. However, I hate the tank, its big, bulky, has pourous holes in the seams, gives the bike a higher center of gravity when its full of gas. I only put it on for long rides and use the stocker for shorter rides. Next time I will go with IMS.

I bought the IMS 3.1 gal tank but had to buy 07 YZ shrouds. They come on blue and black too. Of course Clarke didn't come out with their 3.6 gallon tank until after I bought the IMS tank. Now I carry a couple of fuel bottles just in case for long rides >250kms. I get +200kms on a tankfull.

To answer the question on the difference between aftermarket and stock shrouds, I bought Acerbis and they were flimsey and and didn't have metal reinforcements like the stock ones and the bolt just cut through the plastic when tightened. So I bought the stock ones, they were much stronger. I still have the new Acerbis if any one wants them.. free, just pay for the shipping.

they are 07 YZ's

To answer the question on the difference between aftermarket and stock shrouds, I bought Acerbis and they were flimsey and and didn't have metal reinforcements like the stock ones and the bolt just cut through the plastic when tightened. So I bought the stock ones, they were much stronger. I still have the new Acerbis if any one wants them.. free, just pay for the shipping.

they are 07 YZ's

You use the metal reinforcements from the stock shrouds.

Kenshaw, you are absolutly right those metal gromets pop right out!!! I just got out of my chair and checked... and fit in the Acerbis, now I like them a little better, thanks!

No problem. Now, about those free shrouds you have:busted: