Sign in to follow this  

Quick question.......

I was just wondering whether or not it is normal for the slide to chatter and rattle a bit at idle......I think I read somewhere that it was but i'm wanting to make sure. Thanks!!

I have never even noticed that. You can actually hear it rattling? I've owned 6 YZ250F's and never heard any rattling. Where did you read that at? Just curious.

At idle, some chatter is common with a well worn carb. The slide wheels wear grooves in the carb body, enbling additional slide movement. At idle/slow speed, the vacuum pulses have a bit of time between and the chatter is fairly noticable.

At speed, you can sometimes hear what sounds like a bird chirping.

At idle, some chatter is common with a well worn carb. The slide wheels wear grooves in the carb body, enbling additional slide movement. At idle/slow speed, the vacuum pulses have a bit of time between and the chatter is fairly noticable.

At speed, you can sometimes hear what sounds like a bird chirping.

Great discription William. I know what your talking about now. I think you can hear it pretty easily if the seat is off the bike while it is idling too. I am assuming that is the sound I'm hearing. :doh: