NC folks - Made For Fun MX?

Where is "made for fun mx"? I've never heard of it.

Thanks!

I believe he meant Made for Play MX

in Pilot Mountain

www.madeforplaymx.com

Heres a quick video I made of the track a few months ago

http://www.vimeo.com/3547020

As for the track itself.

Not too big, nothing too technical, almost all tabletops, decent peewee track for the little guy. Pretty fun all in all.

Theres usually a lot of the younger hare scramble riders that go there when theres not a race (the ones that like to ride both woods and motocross haha)

As for getting a toy hauler in there...

It may actually drag just a bit, the road kinda drops off into the driveway, then the driveway itself is a dirt path, and if you dont turn off into the field on the right at the first spot, then the driveway turns into washout ruts from rain water.

Other than that, its not a bad place to have fun haha

Made for Play - my bad.

Thanks to all for the info, still open to suggestions.

Looking at Thunder Valley as well.

Thunder Valley is pretty good too.

Peewee track is good, big motocross track is fun, and the little motocross track is pretty fun too.

Nothing too technical at Thunder Valley either, everything is do-able with no real problem haha

All these tracks and OHV areas are within easy driving distance. Any input appreciated:

Zoo City

Rolling Hills

Thunder Valley

Made For Play

Uwharrie - just read about it in another thread.

I've already been told Made For Play would be questionable to drag my low-slung toyhauler in and out of. If it's just the Mrs. and myself we could get by with just the truck, but if the family comes along I need to be able to bring the hauler.

I still have several more on the list; these are just the closest.

All these tracks and OHV areas are within easy driving distance. Any input appreciated:

Zoo City

Rolling Hills

Thunder Valley

Made For Play

Uwharrie - just read about it in another thread.

I've already been told Made For Play would be questionable to drag my low-slung toyhauler in and out of. If it's just the Mrs. and myself we could get by with just the truck, but if the family comes along I need to be able to bring the hauler.

I still have several more on the list; these are just the closest.

I still havent been to Zoo City, its only about 30 minutes from my house, but everytime my friends go I end up having something to do haha

Anyway, Zoo City, from what Ive heard, has some pretty serious jumps, but its supposed to be a fun track. Same goes for Rolling Hills

Made for Play and Thunder Valley are only 25-30 minutes apart. You could try one and if you don't like it go to the other. I would pick Made for Play if I were in your shoes though. Center Road MX is close also. I live 5 miles from Thunder Valley. LOL....

Made for Play and Thunder Valley are only 25-30 minutes apart. You could try one and if you don't like it go to the other. I would pick Made for Play if I were in your shoes though. Center Road MX is close also. I live 5 miles from Thunder Valley. LOL....

Center Road is another good one... Not as kid-friendly since the track is a little technical, but for a 1/2 way decent rider its not too bad... Plus the dirt has some sawdust mixed in so you can really rail some of the turns. Plus theres not as much of the red clay thats usually around here

Center Road is another good one... Not as kid-friendly since the track is a little technical, but for a 1/2 way decent rider its not too bad... Plus the dirt has some sawdust mixed in so you can really rail some of the turns. Plus theres not as much of the red clay thats usually around here

Yup, need a peewee track too, but the Mrs. and I might be able to slip away without the boy for a ride. She rides well, but is an MX noob.

I am an old MX veteran - technical is ok so long as the old fart can roll/bypass the big stuff.

I am an old guy too and Thunder valley in yadkinville would be perfect. As stated already the track is great for us old timers and "noobs" too. The little ones track is right there also. Look up their web site @ thundervalleymotopark.com. Hope to see you out there, I ride 728 on a suzuki.

i havent ridden at thunder valley since they have redone the track (running it backwards), but the only thing i hated about that track the way it used to be layed out was all the bs little "kickers" in random spots...went to look at the track the other weekend after the redone it though and it looked to me like the little kickers were gone...

center road is a fun track, the dirt is perfect always...but since they dont have a kids track it is sorta out of the question, but if you can get away i would suggest to try out center road...loads of fun

zoo city is a good track too (although the only time i have been there it was poruing down rain, but hopefully it wont rain tomorrow...lol) but from what i could tell it has a faster pace than center road, or thunder valley...

hope this helps...:doh:

I live in Summerfield NC which is just outside of Greensboro, and drive the 1 hr to Made for Play at least once a month with my son. Started going there about a year and a half ago. My son (8 at the time) had just gotten his first bike. Made for Play was a great place for him to learn because of the kids track. Kids track has recently been re-worked and is longer and has two small jumps. My son will ride it all day long, never gets tired of it. As someone previously stated, the large track is very user friendly. It's good for riders of all skill levels. I hadn't ridden a dirt bike in 20 yrs and bought a yz250f to chase my son around on. The larger track is doable, even for an old guy like me (38). My son now rides the large track and loves it, although I only let him ride when all the fast guys are off taking a break.

Generally speaking we've had nothing but good experiences at this track and would recommend that you check it out. Had lots of great father-son time riding and hanging out. My biggest concern is that in most cases the owners aren't present during riding hrs which does worry me from time to time. Maybe it's just the "parent" in me.

+'s for this track

*$10 rider fee

*GREAT kids track

*usually not crowded

*friendly people riding

*family friendly environment in that I've never had any issues with people using foul language around my son, and everyone has been well behaved overall.

-'s for this track

*Basically very little oversight by the owner during riding hrs which lends itself to some usafe riding behavior that in my opinion should be policed; speeding & riding wheelies thru the parking areas (clearly stated as a no no in the rules secition of the track). Riders entering the track thru the Exit. Riders doubling smaller children around the large track.

*Can be difficult to enter and exit the track off the main road due to the drop-off as you enter.

*Grass in parking area gets pretty high between mowings so sometimes it's hard to navigate the ruts and washed out areas created by all the rain run-off.

I live in Summerfield NC which is just outside of Greensboro, and drive the 1 hr to Made for Play at least once a month with my son. Started going there about a year and a half ago. My son (8 at the time) had just gotten his first bike. Made for Play was a great place for him to learn because of the kids track. Kids track has recently been re-worked and is longer and has two small jumps. My son will ride it all day long, never gets tired of it. As someone previously stated, the large track is very user friendly. It's good for riders of all skill levels. I hadn't ridden a dirt bike in 20 yrs and bought a yz250f to chase my son around on. The larger track is doable, even for an old guy like me (38). My son now rides the large track and loves it, although I only let him ride when all the fast guys are off taking a break.

Generally speaking we've had nothing but good experiences at this track and would recommend that you check it out. Had lots of great father-son time riding and hanging out. My biggest concern is that in most cases the owners aren't present during riding hrs which does worry me from time to time. Maybe it's just the "parent" in me.

+'s for this track

*$10 rider fee

*GREAT kids track

*usually not crowded

*friendly people riding

*family friendly environment in that I've never had any issues with people using foul language around my son, and everyone has been well behaved overall.

-'s for this track

*Basically very little oversight by the owner during riding hrs which lends itself to some usafe riding behavior that in my opinion should be policed; speeding & riding wheelies thru the parking areas (clearly stated as a no no in the rules secition of the track). Riders entering the track thru the Exit. Riders doubling smaller children around the large track.

*Can be difficult to enter and exit the track off the main road due to the drop-off as you enter.

*Grass in parking area gets pretty high between mowings so sometimes it's hard to navigate the ruts and washed out areas created by all the rain run-off.

I really would like to check out this track, but might have to leave the hauler in High Point. I like having my own facilities, but don't want to rip the tanks out getting in and out of a track.

What are their facilities like if we were just to load up the truck and head over for the day?

I finally made it to Zoo City this past weekend.

The kid's track was pretty much all a bunch of little singles, I saw kids just rolling right over them, no problem there.

The big track is pretty fun, nothing really difficult.

I finally made it to Zoo City this past weekend.

The kid's track was pretty much all a bunch of little singles, I saw kids just rolling right over them, no problem there.

The big track is pretty fun, nothing really difficult.

Sounds perfect for my old bod. How was access with a low-slung trailer?

Sounds perfect for my old bod. How was access with a low-slung trailer?

oh you shouldnt have any trouble at all.

The road leading in is asphault for a little ways, then makes a fairly smooth transition to gravel as you enter the parking lot.

oh you shouldnt have any trouble at all.

The road leading in is asphault for a little ways, then makes a fairly smooth transition to gravel as you enter the parking lot.

Thanks, this one is on the "must do" list now.

If you are riding one of these area tracks between 6/12 & 6/21, keep an eye out for Yamaha YZ250 #13c, PW #113c, and blue Suzuki #13, all with white plates. That would be us. White Tundra, black and silver hauler.