Sign in to follow this  

? About Z-Start vs EMF auto clutches?

I`m thinking about getting a auto clutch for my bike and was wondering if I could get some opinions from some of you that have one or the other.

I have the Z start. I love the simplicity, the installation and the application. It works exceptionally well and as I have posted in the past Al & Dan at Rekluse have the best customer service I have witnessed in 30 plus years of dirt bikes.

Go for it you will not be disappointed in any way especially if you are trail/woods oriented.

Hi Sodbuster, There have been several long threads about these clutches within the past few months. Do a search on the names of the clutches to find the threads. Good luck!

I've got the EFM and its awesome. I have read alot of good things about all three(Revloc, efm, and Z-start). I think you can't go wrong with any of them. However, the Revloc is about 1200.00 and the EFm is about 500.00. Not sure about the Z-start but it may be under 500.00. I see no reason to pay 1200.00 for the Revloc when my EFM is absolutely unbelievable. I don't know how it could be any better. There is no area of riding that this clutch won't improve for me. Every thread I've read on the Z-start says it is awesome to. Your decision, but 1200.00 is crazy when there are two products around 500.00. If you want to support a guy on Thumpertalk- go with the Z-start. I would have but I just go into Thumpertalk.

One more thing. I went back and forth on my decision to even get an auto clutch. I read alot of posts and finally went for it. Man, you can read all you want and get opinions, but until you get it you can't beleive how awesome they are.