trails to ride close to nashville??

is there anyone from tennesse,nash that knows wheres theres some trails to ride closer then an hour away to the area private clubs or just people that has trails and doesnt mind others respectfully riding them with permission:worthy:

The only really good place to ride is Westpoint. But its still a pretty good drive from Nashville. You have to be a member of NATRA to ride out there. Also check out mtdr.net. I am a member of this club, we normally have a ride once a month. But also many of us get together and take off to ride on any given weekend.

Hi, I live in Nashville...

Within 1 hour, I think Honda Hills is all there is. It's super small and there's not a whole lot to do there.

Within 2 hours you have Turkey Bay OHV @ Land Between the Lakes, Wooly's offroad and Natchez Trace State Park. Turkey Bay is MOSTLY huge open 2-way trails. Wooly's is mostly big hillclimbs and a couple of short trails that look to be more for rock crawlers than bikes. Natchez Trace is great for teaching someone new to ride, not much else.

Westpoint is also within 2 hours (barely) but a pain to get to. Having said that, it's by far the best riding within a reasonable distance of Nashville. Turkey Bay is a distant second and the rest are not so great.

Haven't tried here: http://cmrariders.com/ but it looks interesting.

I also have no idea about MX tracks....

regards!

Honda Hills- No trails whatsoever! A few hill climbs. They do have a MX track which could be good if taken care of and made the jumps somewhat easier for the younger kids. Got to carry a ton

Wooly's- its not bad. its only 45 minutes from Smyrna. There is alot of riding area. just got to watch out for Rockcrawlers and 4 wheelers. The best trails are behind the parking lot. Some great hills back there.

Westpoint- Best there is to ride, but damn its sooooo far away.

LBL- is a fun place to ride, if you know your way around. Stay off main trail on busy weekends!

Honda Hills just kinda straight blows. We have our own track only half built and its already better than theirs. We also like to all get together and go to Wheelin in the country its not really as dirtbike friendly an westpoint but you can still have a good time on alot of the trails.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In Nashville I recommend joining MTDR. Middle Tn Dirt riders. They have a website. They usually have a monthly ride on private properties. Most of them are really good rides. It costs $35 a year for membership.

Also join NATRA. North Alabama trail riders. They have a website. This will give you access to West Point. Excellent riding and camping if you want and don't mind driving a couple of hours. Its worth it. Make it a weekend.

There are 3 rides a year at Loetta Lynns ranch. Fall ride, Spring ride and Toy Run at Christmas. Info on these rides can be had through MTDR.

Turkey Bay offers some good, fun, challenging riding if you get off the main trails.

With these options you can ride almost every weekend if you want and enjoy a lot of different types of trails and challenges and get to meet new people that have access to other riding options.